Thread: Definition of "loaded" in New Hampsire?

Post imported post

Is loaded "chambered" or is loaded having "bullets in the magazine".

Could someone clarify this for me? Thanks.

Post imported post

Found it:

8 159:4 Carrying Without License.No person shallcarry a loaded pistol or revolver in any vehicle orconcealed upon his person, except in his dwelling, house or place of business, without a valid licensetherefore as hereinafter provided. A loaded pistol or revolver shall include any pistol or revolver with a magazine, cylinder, chamber or clip in which there are loaded

Loaded means having any bullets in the gun in any way.

Post imported post

good job

Post imported post

hibby76 wrote:
    Found it:

8 159:4 Carrying Without License.No person shallcarry a loaded pistol or revolver in any vehicle orconcealed upon his person, except in his dwelling, house or place of business, without a valid licensetherefore as hereinafter provided. A loaded pistol or revolver shall include any pistol or revolver with a magazine, cylinder, chamber or clip in which there are loaded

Loaded means having any bullets in the gun in any way.
    Now ask yourself... how well is this answered defined.... Is a pistol with a loaded magazine 6" away a pistol with a magazine?

No where does it say the magazine is IN the pistol, just a pistol with a loaded magazine...

IIRC there is a court case on this where a guy was arrested for having a loaded firearm in a vehicle when it was a loaded magazine near a pistol.

Post imported post

So Illinois has a more liberal transportation law

Post imported post

ComradeV wrote:
    So Illinois has a more liberal transportation law
    What is Illinois transportation law?

IIRC, in IL you need a FOID, so say you have a NH license...then you can keep it loaded....or mag near by....unless it's a long arm.

Post imported post

From what I gather in Illinois any carry of a loaded handgun is prohibited.

I read the above as meaning the magazine must be in the pistol to be considered loaded.

Post imported post

Leverdude wrote:

I read the above as meaning the magazine must be in the pistol to be considered loaded.
    It ain't what you consider the meaning..... So far at least one person is finding that not to be the case... and hopefully in the next few months the courts will decide....

Post imported post

doobie wrote:
    Leverdude wrote:

It ain't what you consider the meaning..... So far at least one person is finding that not to be the case... and hopefully in the next few months the courts will decide....
    I understand that. People get arrested for not breaking the law all the time. I'm thinking (hoping) that they'll find its not loaded.

Post imported post

Leverdude wrote:
    doobie wrote:
    Leverdude wrote:

I understand that. People get arrested for not breaking the law all the time. I'm thinking (hoping) that they'll find its not loaded.
    I'm hoping they'll find all of RSA 159 in violation of 2-a and have it deleted.

Post imported post

Thatd'd be even better. The number one reason I got a NH non res permit was vehicle related. I carry most of the time wherever I can and having to remember to put my gun away before hopping in my truck was a pain in the rear end.