Thread: what is your carry setup?

Post imported post

Thought it would be cool to see what every one carries see how diverse it is, and what type of holster you guys are using.
    Im carrying a Springfield GI 1911 fullsize in 45 of course and I just bought a black hawk serpa holster and am really liking it.

Post imported post

I carry a glock 27 .40 in a blackhawk serpa, I also have an XD 9mm in a blackhawk serpa. It's a great holster.

Post imported post

Usually a Ruger SR9 in a Desantis thumb break holster hung from a Beltman belt. Sometimes a Ruger Blackhwak .41 Magnum in an Mexican double loop holster and cartridge belt by El Paso Saddlery.

The rugrat is getting a little less packable these days.
    http://arizonagunowners.com - The best AZ gun board around!

Post imported post

I carry a CZ P-01 in a Safariland SLS Level II retention holster. Unless I am expecting trouble, then it's a Browning BPS hi-cap 12ga slung "African Carry" fully loaded with Federal 00 Buck Tactical shells and and spares fitted to the stock (3 of the aforementioned shells along with a couple of rifled slugs also of the Federal tactical flavor). But then again, the scattergun setup is used umm.... never. :X
    But it's there just in case.

Post imported post

ya I need to get a setup for trouble just need to get a new sling and bayonet for my 590 lol

Post imported post

i carry a old glock 22 with xs bigdot sights and blackhawk serpa2 holster.. i love that glock and never go anywhere without it...except work where i carry my keltec p11 conceiled
    "You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you’ll find me in a pile of brass.” – Trooper M. Padgett

Post imported post

XDM 9mm in a blackhawk serpa paddle.

Post imported post

lowlander91 wrote:
    ya I need to get a setup for trouble just need to get a new sling and bayonet for my 590 lol
    Like this?

McX

Post imported post

.40 cal. large frame hi point, rarely a shoulder holster, mostly a fobus retention holster.

Post imported post

Jesus rebel that bayonet looks like it belongs on a ww1 or 2 rifle lol. so pretty much hell yes. seriously what bayonet is that.

Post imported post

lowlander91 wrote:
    Thought it would be cool to see what every one carries see how diverse it is, and what type of holster you guys are using.
    Im carrying a Springfield GI 1911 fullsize in 45 of course and I just bought a black hawk serpa holster and am really liking it.
    Ditch the SERPA. They suck and can lock up at the worst of times. There are better holsters out there.

Post imported post

lowlander91 wrote:
    Jesus rebel that bayonet looks like it belongs on a ww1 or 2 rifle lol. so pretty much hell yes. seriously what bayonet is that.
    It's a M-9 clone I found on e-Bay. The barrel ring needs to be hogged a little so it fits and locks. They're undersized 'as is'.

I cobbed up the sling from a French piece and nylon webbing/buckles (partz). It'll go to carry or 'rifleman' grip in a zip. That thing's a bear to shootusing slugs.

Post imported post

I have this 'thing' for shotguns w/bayonets. Here's myM1897 Winchester 12 ga w/ M1911 Remington bayonet. Sling is repro M1917 leather.

Post imported post

very nice. one of the selling points was once I empty 9 rounds i still have a spear. I use it for dove with the proper magazine plug of course so i have to get a bayonet to make me seem even more out of place.

Post imported post

The nice feature of the '97 is there is no disconnector on the trigger sear. You hold the trigger back and rack it as fast as possible and it'll fire. The Germans protested it's use in WWI as inhumane. 'Scared the hell out of 'em.

The 12 ga pump shotgun is the best close-combat weapon ever devised, short of the tomahawk 'n axe.

Post imported post

Ya I wishI could have slam fire on the 590.

Post imported post

Taurus PT-1911 in a Serpa is my OC. My P-11 is carried CC at work, boss knows and allows, gotta love that.

Post imported post

curtm1911 wrote:
    Taurus PT-1911 in a Serpa is my OC. My P-11 is carried CC at work, boss knows and allows, gotta love that.
    Your Boss deserves a bottle of premium BOOZE at Christmas.:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Post imported post

now i just gota taurus judge the 2.5 inch 3 inch barrel in SS.. just gota blackhawk holster for it with sum federal 000 buck PD ammo..now thats a self defense gun
    "You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you’ll find me in a pile of brass.” – Trooper M. Padgett

Post imported post

dont worry the gun was unloaded when i took the pick just for them safety people

Post imported post

Glcok 21 with a PS6LR Mernickle holster, with a factory-custom retention strap ($10 extra).

http://www.mernickleholsters.com/ps/ps6lr_r1.html

Post imported post

McX wrote:
    .40 cal. large frame hi point, rarely a shoulder holster, mostly a fobus retention holster.
    A hi point? TISK TISK :P jk, they're actually not bad guns.

I carry a Glock 22 .40 call in a blackhawk serpa holster, awesome holster, smooth and quick.

Post imported post

Actual set-up... (to date): S-A 1911-A1 .45acp

Post imported post

Post imported post

When looking for a new place to live in the glorious and wonderful State of Arizona: PT-1911-AR + Tucker Gun Leather Silent Thunder + That Belt from South America. Crossdraw at roughly 10 O'Clock.

When in The Tropical Depression: a cheap CATO IWB leather pouch holster + Stainless Llama MicroMax in .380 (it's a shrunken 1911) at Six O'Clock.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.