• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

what is your carry setup?

lowlander91

imported post

Thought it would be cool to see what every one carries see how diverse it is, and what type of holster you guys are using.
Im carrying a Springfield GI 1911 fullsize in 45 of course and I just bought a black hawk serpa holster and am really liking it.

matt35

imported post

I carry a glock 27 .40 in a blackhawk serpa, I also have an XD 9mm in a blackhawk serpa. It's a great holster.

JesseL

imported post

Usually a Ruger SR9 in a Desantis thumb break holster hung from a Beltman belt. Sometimes a Ruger Blackhwak .41 Magnum in an Mexican double loop holster and cartridge belt by El Paso Saddlery.

OCatcarshow2.jpg
100_1686.jpg

The rugrat is getting a little less packable these days.

Dahwg

imported post

I carry a CZ P-01 in a Safariland SLS Level II retention holster. Unless I am expecting trouble, then it's a Browning BPS hi-cap 12ga slung "African Carry" fully loaded with Federal 00 Buck Tactical shells and and spares fitted to the stock (3 of the aforementioned shells along with a couple of rifled slugs also of the Federal tactical flavor). But then again, the scattergun setup is used umm.... never. :X
But it's there just in case. :monkey

JoeGlock40

imported post

i carry a old glock 22 with xs bigdot sights and blackhawk serpa2 holster.. i love that glock and never go anywhere without it...except work where i carry my keltec p11 conceiled

M

McX

imported post

.40 cal. large frame hi point, rarely a shoulder holster, mostly a fobus retention holster.

lowlander91

imported post

Jesus rebel that bayonet looks like it belongs on a ww1 or 2 rifle lol. so pretty much hell yes. seriously what bayonet is that.

bbvk05

imported post

lowlander91 wrote:
Thought it would be cool to see what every one carries see how diverse it is, and what type of holster you guys are using.
Im carrying a Springfield GI 1911 fullsize in 45 of course and I just bought a black hawk serpa holster and am really liking it.
Ditch the SERPA. They suck and can lock up at the worst of times. There are better holsters out there.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

lowlander91 wrote:
Jesus rebel that bayonet looks like it belongs on a ww1 or 2 rifle lol. so pretty much hell yes. seriously what bayonet is that.

It's a M-9 clone I found on e-Bay. The barrel ring needs to be hogged a little so it fits and locks. They're undersized 'as is'.

I cobbed up the sling from a French piece and nylon webbing/buckles (partz). It'll go to carry or 'rifleman' grip in a zip. That thing's a bear to shootusing slugs.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I have this 'thing' for shotguns w/bayonets. Here's myM1897 Winchester 12 ga w/ M1911 Remington bayonet. Sling is repro M1917 leather.

lowlander91

imported post

very nice. one of the selling points was once I empty 9 rounds i still have a spear. I use it for dove with the proper magazine plug of course so i have to get a bayonet to make me seem even more out of place.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

The nice feature of the '97 is there is no disconnector on the trigger sear. You hold the trigger back and rack it as fast as possible and it'll fire. The Germans protested it's use in WWI as inhumane. 'Scared the hell out of 'em.

The 12 ga pump shotgun is the best close-combat weapon ever devised, short of the tomahawk 'n axe.

GWbiker

imported post

curtm1911 wrote:
Taurus PT-1911 in a Serpa is my OC. My P-11 is carried CC at work, boss knows and allows, gotta love that.

Your Boss deserves a bottle of premium BOOZE at Christmas.:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

JoeGlock40

imported post

now i just gota taurus judge the 2.5 inch 3 inch barrel in SS.. just gota blackhawk holster for it with sum federal 000 buck PD ammo..now thats a self defense gun