• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

where can i get my permit for ccw in national parks

mjones

imported post

expresstowal wrote:
is there a website to apply, and how much is it.

You need a valid California License to Carry (CCW) in order to CCW in National Parks which reside within the boundaries of the state.

If you reside in an incorporated City which has its own Municpal Police Department, then you may make an application with the Chief of Police for your city.

If you live in an unincorporated area, you apply to your County Sheriff.

In both cases you will likely have an administrative go-between where you actually get/submit the application.

More information about obtaining a CA CCW can be found at www.CalCCW.com

Good Luck

expresstowal

imported post

so to get my ccw in a national park, i would go to my local police dept and apply. i thought i would have to apply through through a federal agency or something along those lines. has anyone else got there permit to ccw in natiolnal parks?

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

As mjones said, there isn't a federal ccw license. You'd need to get a California CCW through your sheriff's office or possibly your police chief's office. Given that you live in San Mateo county, you'll probably have to have to show a crazy amount of "good cause" to obtain one.

Guy B. Meredith

imported post

expresstowal,

The law permits you access to the Parks UNDER STATE REGULATIONS for carrying firearms. If a state is no carry, the local area of the park is no carry. Likewise open and concealed. All permits and permissions come from the state.

expresstowal

imported post

Im a little confused, i saw on the news that national parks authorized ccw with a permit, so it looks like its up to s.m. county sheriff to give me one or not, which would probally be not. even though its the law, sounds like a catch 22 thing. so why is everyone so excited about carrying ccw in national parks if you cant get a permit??

Guy B. Meredith

imported post

It applies to unloaded open carry as well. In the past you had to make do when meeting a violent felon hiding in the woods (see current news about one such individual), bears, cougars, etc.