• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NEW moc shirts!!!

autosurgeon

imported post

It is just as fast and has many benefits such as when driving or riding. The way I carry makes a gun grab from behind almost impossible... and since I use a retention holster that only adds to security.

WARCHILD

imported post

How well I know, you're preaching to the choir. Even as a child w/cap guns I preferred cross draw. IMO, there are no disadvantages to it. And to use some of the anti's "old west"... most of the more notable "shootist" also used cross draw.

Michigander

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
How well I know, you're preaching to the choir. Even as a child w/cap guns I preferred cross draw. IMO, there are no disadvantages to it. And to use some of the anti's "old west"... most of the more notable "shootist" also used cross draw.

I carry cross draw when concealing. That way I don't expose while going for my wallet or keys.

When carrying openly, I always do a strong side draw. I just find it more comfortable and more smooth, although not by much.

If I remember right, Rex Applegate was against cross draw carry because he found it often caused a problem with sweeping past the target and missing the first shot. It makes sense, but I don't think it's applicable to well practiced individuals.

WARCHILD

imported post

It does for me. I don't use the traditional stance...weaver..etc. I most generally use the side stance keeping my left side to target; presenting a smaller target silhouette of my own. I am aiming / on target as I draw. May be strange, but so am I and it works for me.

wally1120

imported post

That new MOC Shirt could be considered Bandishing couldn`t it? I know the law defines Brandishing says " To bring attention to your firearm, And I think that ths just might be taken the wrong way and be considered Brandishing.

lil_freak_66

imported post

wally1120 wrote:
That new MOC Shirt could be considered Bandishing couldn`t it? I know the law defines Brandishing says " To bring attention to your firearm, And I think that ths just might be taken the wrong way and be considered Brandishing.

brandish
1. To wave or flourish (a weapon, for example) menacingly.

it cannot be considered brandishing in this and many otherstates,if you were to wear a similar shirt in a no OC state(such as texas) you could get in trouble however.

lil_freak_66

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
That's quite a new one. Shirt you wear causing brandishing. You musta spoke with Lansing PD :dude:

id say jackson,cuz the person is from there...and look how kimberguy has been treated there??? lol.

but i know some states say you cant print or have anything that would imply you are carrying concealed.

dont ask me for a cite,i read it somewhere,i think one of the other states forums.

malignity

imported post

+1 for another lefty.

Now if only they were in my size...

6'1 with all torso. Need to have all of my shirts 'Tall', or they look like a tanktop.

Bronson

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
brandish
1. To wave or flourish (a weapon, for example) menacingly.

it cannot be considered brandishing in this and many otherstates,if you were to wear a similar shirt in a no OC state(such as texas) you could get in trouble however.

Which definition of brandishing should we use? The AG Opinion #7101 quotes The American Heritage Dictionary as defining brandishing as:

The American Heritage Dictionary, Second College Edition (1982), at p 204, the term brandishing is defined as: "1. To wave or flourish menacingly, as a weapon. 2. To display ostentatiously.

Dictionary.com offers this definition of ostentatious:

1. characterized by or given to pretentious or conspicuous show in an attempt to impress others: an ostentatious dresser.

2. (of actions, manner, qualities exhibited, etc.) intended to attract notice: Lady Bountiful's ostentatious charity.

Do I think it's a bit of a stretch? Sure. But I also think it's a stretch that some LEOs and prosecutors would jump at. If I can think of it, they can think of it.

Bronson

SpringerXDacp

imported post

wally1120 wrote:
No more than a shirt displaying "Open Carry of a Pistol is Legal in Michigan."