• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Pocket Cards

kryptonian

also thought of LEO question flash cards..question on the front..the answer you should give on the back

Butch00

Does Michigan have a statute that you can't OC in a bank?
Banks are private and can sign them if they want.
Here in Alaska I OC in banks all the time, very few put up signs.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran

Yes. Without a CPL, one may not legally carry into a bank or other financial institution.

With a CPL, carrying in banks is fine, either concealed or openly.

stainless1911

Banned
I think part of 00s question was that since a bank is privately owned, could they prohibit firearms? I think that they could, I have seen signs at banks forbidding sunglasses, and hoodies.

You also cannot carry in a federal reserve bank.

Last edited:

dtmartin408

I think I see a problem with the cards.

It says on the card that courts are off limits. If I'm not mistaken Only Federal Courts are completely off limits. Municipal Courts I believe are not off limits by the word of the law but they are given the right to restrict fire arms if they choose too. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

TheQ

It says on the card that courts are off limits. If I'm not mistaken Only Federal Courts are completely off limits. Municipal Courts I believe are not off limits by the word of the law but they are given the right to restrict fire arms if they choose too. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The Michigan Supreme Court has ordered all court buildings off limits. I don't have the reference handy, maybe someone else does?

ryanmp1986

In California?

I got into OC from a guy I saw walking down the street and I went to talk to him because I didn't know we could do that. He said he goes into banks and malls? The card says any place with a liquor license? So that would include places like walmart and grocery stores?

stainless1911

Banned
Are you looking at the card for those with a CPL, or those without one. It makes a big difference.

You can OC at a mall with or without a CPL, but not a grocery store as they likely have a liquor license.

Last edited: