• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brand New Veho Muvi Micro Digital Video Camcorder $59.99

swatspyder

imported post

j2l3 wrote:
swatspyder wrote:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.32022

$20 similar unit.

Has a timestamp that should be able to be changed. Sample video is included on dealextreme.com There is no tax or shipping, but it does take about 2 weeks or so to arrive.
Nice price, but the resolution is about 1/7th of the other one in this thread.
http://www.veho-uk.com/Techdetail.aspx?id=87
Video resolution - 640x480

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.32022
This Mini DV Camcorder captures video clips in Motion JPEG format at 720x480
resolution

One difference though with the dealextreme version is that is stretches the picture. It is recorded from a sensor at 640x480 but stretched when recorded to be 720x480. This means that when you go to take the video off of the camera, all you need to do is take the clips that you have uploaded from the video recorder and then render the video in 4:3.

DaemonForce

imported post

You need to look for better recording specs. High frame rate is good. Anything higher than 15fps is worthwhile. Good resolutions are in two flavors: the 4:3px and the 16:9px(wide). Personally I still use 4:3 in everything I do. As far as quality is concerned, the bigger the numbers, the better.

640x480 = bad
800x600 = moderate
1024x768 = good
1280x1024 = really good
1600x1200 = friggen sweet
2K+ ...At that point it doesn't even matter. You need high resolution equipment to properly display it all.Ultra high resolutionHDTVs for the win. :)

Now there's one more thing: The last time I ordered from Dealextreme, they were backed up on product due to Chinese New Year. If you wind up in a similar situation where they do this to you and take about 3 months off, you are screwed. It took them 6 months before they shipped me my item. For those of you that are nosey(I'm looking at you, 1986 gen!), it was a cheap but fine electronic chip that I still use for testing. Some of their stuff is cheap junk but you usually only get stuck with that when you don't know what you're looking for.

swatspyder

imported post

I would agree, had this post been about PTZ cameras on the corner of a building. But this is something the size of your thumb that records audio and video for encounters with police.

DaemonForce

imported post

You don't need to record video in a police encounter. If you are so hell-bent on it, get a dashcam. The police use it for their own good. If your encounters are on foot, the pen is probably the best deal. Still, look for better than worst specs. For God sakes! :(

DaemonForce

imported post

I like how you let yourself get baited into cheap junk. Go for it.

The chip I bought was $8 on DX. I got impatient and bought a copy elsewhere for $30. They were backordered for only a month, so by the time I got the copy from DX, it was a real surprise. :?

swatspyder

imported post

It's okay. I already own one of the muvi style ones. It is the same unit but from AEE.

I have a digital voice recorder on the way which will be better for carrying in my pocket. It is a 1GB 30+ hour HQ recorder. It will be here Friday afternoon.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

swatspyder wrote:
And this $13 light: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.26497

Is a better flashlight than my $100+ Surefire flashlight.
Have you tried backing your car over it? Torture tests? Water resistance?

I'd wouldn't even hesitate to let anyone run over my flashlight. Life warranty, anything goes wrong, ship it back, they send back new one, no questions asked.

America FTW

Btw, to the DF noob, it's Lunar new year not no chinese crap.

swatspyder

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
swatspyder wrote:

I'd wouldn't even hesitate to let anyone run over my flashlight. Life warranty, anything goes wrong, ship it back, they send back new one, no questions asked.

America FTW

Remember though, I can just buy another one considering how cheap it is... :lol:

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

swatspyder wrote:
Poosharker wrote:
swatspyder wrote:

America FTW

Remember though, I can just buy another one considering how cheap it is... :lol:
I shipped mine priority mail $5 total. Came back 1st class mail which doesn't take too long in brand new packaging. For the quality, I can't say no.

DaemonForce

imported post

It just seems like a waste of money to me. :(

I'm saving for a torch. I've had too many bad flashlights over the years. I could make one of my own with the 6V55W bulb in front of me but supplying enough amperage to get that fatass filament to light up is a pain without some big leadweight battery. A common 6V probably won't cut it either. :(

Oh and to the chunk of poo that comes backafterI flush: What country are you from? I live in America. I know you call it Lunar New Year but you're the only one. I call it Chinese New Year like everyone else says; God knows that's what DX was saying. I'll generalizethis crapif and when I want. :)

swatspyder

imported post

DaemonForce wrote:
It just seems like a waste of money to me. :(

I'm saving for a torch. I've had too many bad flashlights over the years. I could make one of my own with the 6V55W bulb in front of me but supplying enough amperage to get that fatass filament to light up is a pain without some big leadweight battery. A common 6V probably won't cut it either. :(

Oh and to the chunk of poo that comes backafterI flush: What country are you from? I live in America. I know you call it Lunar New Year but you're the only one. I call it Chinese New Year like everyone else says; God knows that's what DX was saying. I'll generalizethis crapif and when I want. :)
The $13 one that I have, hasn't let me down yet. I bought one for my girlfriend and my dad wants one too. It is small, reliable, and BRIGHT, for a low price.