• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Off Topic stab in the dark

crunch14

imported post

Iam hopingthat there are some civil rights lawyers that read this forum and I would appreciate it if I could contact you for legal advice, please PM me with appropiate contact info.

I hate to sound like a beggar but I am running short on patience and cash flow due to lay-off.

Does anyone herehave experience regardingdiscrimination of employment due to military service, i.e. USERRA? In the next day or two I will be contacting both the ACLU and Disabled American Veterans to persue possible legal action but would like any advice available. I know that this sounds very vague but I do not feel it would be prudent going into details on the forum, other than to say this took place during a job interview today,because I do not want to hurt any possible futurelegal action.

Thank you very much.

*edit* also posted to the General Discussion forum

Aryk45XD

imported post

I know there are many acts against discrimination for any reasonable cause. I guess the question would be if you want to pursue it or move on. You can always come back at them later. Good luck and god speed.

edit to add: This is very vague because of the fact that military background is usually a positive factor for employment.

New Daddy

imported post

crunch14 wrote:
Iam hopingthat there are some civil rights lawyers that read this forum and I would appreciate it if I could contact you for legal advice, please PM me with appropiate contact info.

I hate to sound like a beggar but I am running short on patience and cash flow due to lay-off.

Does anyone herehave experience regardingdiscrimination of employment due to military service, i.e. USERRA? In the next day or two I will be contacting both the ACLU and Disabled American Veterans to persue possible legal action but would like any advice available. I know that this sounds very vague but I do not feel it would be prudent going into details on the forum, other than to say this took place during a job interview today,because I do not want to hurt any possible futurelegal action.

Thank you very much.

*edit* also posted to the General Discussion forum
Your best bet is to initially contact your VSO, which it looks like your doing. They'll be familiar with the system and can put in contact with the correct people in the VA to evaluate your claim. They should also have a listing of attorneys that will be knowledgeable with veteran's issues.

Squeak

imported post

You may want to contact a senator or rep. Many times a letter with something official attached does carry some weight. I hate to admit buy Sen. Patty Murry likes to get involved in issues involving vets. You are assigned someone in her office to help. That is her job.

Bear 45/70

imported post

Squeak wrote:
You may want to contact a senator or rep. Many times a letter with something official attached does carry some weight. I hate to admit buy Sen. Patty Murry likes to get involved in issues involving vets. You are assigned someone in her office to help. That is her job.
Yeah, Missy patty is pretty two faced, but she likes to harass government agencies.

Tawnos

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
Squeak wrote:
Yeah, Missy patty is pretty two faced, but she likes to harass government agencies.
Welcome back, long time no see.

Johnny Law

imported post

I can't believe it. I think I just sawa bear in my backyard.

Welcome back Bear. I knew you couldn't stay away. You just had to come back and rummage through the old garbage can!

JL.