• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Indoor Pistol Range - Portland?

Bingo85

imported post

Hello, Im currently applying for a job in Portland and have been trying to find out if any indoor pistol ranges are within ~30 minutes from downtown.

Everytime I google I dont come up with much, so figured I would see where you guys go. Also where do you buy your guns, any large / good shops in the area?

-Bingo

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Bingo85 wrote:
Hello, Im currently applying for a job in Portland and have been trying to find out if any indoor pistol ranges are within ~30 minutes from downtown.

Everytime I google I dont come up with much, so figured I would see where you guys go. Also where do you buy your guns, any large / good shops in the area?

-Bingo
Surely an inquiry to one of these will get you an rapid response to your first question.

http://www.google.com/search?q=portland+oregon+shooting+ranges&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&client=firefox-a&rlz=1R1GGIC_en

Yata hey

GoldCoaster

imported post

Hell of a long way to drive to do some indoor shooting :)

When I lived in the Portland area I never heard of anywhere to shoot indoors in that general area. A quick google fu shows a few clubs (scarborough etc). Not sure if there's an open range though.

Good luck!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

GoldCoaster wrote:
Hell of a long way to drive to do some indoor shooting :)

When I lived in the Portland area I never heard of anywhere to shoot indoors in that general area. A quick google fu shows a few clubs (scarborough etc). Not sure if there's an open range though.

Good luck!
:banghead: Wrong coast :banghead:

Disregard prior transmission :?.

Yata hey

Bingo85

imported post

Well...having never lived in maine and only visiting to another part of the state for my wifes family the googling is going slow.

I found a great list, but unsure if its 100% accurate (lot of dead links) and as I have no clue where half these towns are and I have to mapquest each one etc.

I would miss this...

http://www.hoffgun.com/range.htm

My search continues...

Where do you portland guys do your gun shopping?

-bingo

GoldCoaster

imported post

Hoffmans isn't a good choice for Maine but it's a great store with a ton of things just begging to go home with you. The owner of the store is a huge supporter of all things 2nd amendment and the CCDL - If I'm ever within 5 miles of the store it's a mandatory visit.

Bingo85

imported post

GoldCoaster wrote:
Hoffmans isn't a good choice for Maine ...

I know...I live about 15 minutes from the store right now! Thats why I will miss it...they always have treated me right and what a NICE indoor range.

Maybe ill franchise with them and open one up in portland myslef!

Im sure the wife would :cuss:me out. Until then...the search continues.

-Bingo