• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Printing problem with the Gun Rights Pamphlets

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

This is the message I got from mark this morning.....

There is a problem with the .pdf file. We went to set everything up this morning and found the file does not include the embedded fonts. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do to embed them on my end.

I'm not sure if you or someone else created the file, but whomever did will need to make a new file and make sure that the option "embed all fonts" is selected. If the file is being created in Adobe Acrobat, please also use the "Press" settings as it will give us a high resolution file suitable for offset printing. -Mark

This is the file I sent: Washington Gun Rights.pdf

massivedesign

imported post

So is this getting rectified?

What program was the brochure created in? If it's Photoshop, Publisher, Word or the like, I can re-make the PDF file with the embedded fonts.

D

massivedesign

imported post

That makes no sense. Most of the fonts ARE embedded. The only ones that are not are standard Windows fonts (Arial, Times etc). Shouldn't be an issue!

Per the file metadata, it was made in WORD.. Let me see if that word file is on the sticky thread. If so, I can re-make the PDF and embed ALL the fonts, etc..

D

massivedesign

imported post

All I found was an OLD word file in the original thread...

Bill, do you have any idea where the newer .doc file is? Worse comes to worse, I can re-create this and do it right, but it will take me a day or so.

D

massivedesign

imported post

I didn't create it.. Just converted it.

The next time the OCDO pamphlet get's a makeover, some photoshop could be in order in some places.

We work, with what we have. A rusty hammer will still drive the nail into the board kinda thing.

massivedesign

imported post

AAAAHHH... I should have done that... Forgot. That has to do with what Adobe calls "long term storage", but it really just renders the raster and vectors a little differently.

Nice catch..

markallen

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
Try this one.  This file is showing as all the fonts embedded just as the file that massivedesign did and the pistol graphic lines are gone.

Thanks so very much to everyone who helped on this. It is greatly appreciated!

The incredible Savage Color prepress department (okay, so I'm a wee bit biased here) reports that the file worked flawlessly and plates have been made and the job is waiting at the press to be printed.

Thanks again,

Mark

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

100276794_548c83c4eb.jpg
Excellent....