• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Eau Claire Tea Party

BROKENSPROKET

jwayne972

imported post

I am glad to see the tea party around EC supports OC. The tea party organizer around here, who I have the misfortune of having to work with, informed me yesterday that he in no way supports my Right to OC. Further stating that to carry a firearm in the open is either to intimidate fellow citizens, or to harm them.

Just goes to show how fragmented this movement really is, and needless to say I will not be attending or supporting demonstrations promoted by this person.

It appears the event posted here is meant to address this fragmentation, and is definitely needed.

metalman383

imported post

My father and I will be there. We are not planning on carrying for the Tea Party. I'm sure I will have a holster on though. Any idea how the turn out will be? This is the first I have heard of it.

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

This venue in not in a GFSZ. Open Carry and 2A is one to the speakers agendas.

I will Open Carry there. A properly holstered hangun.

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

BROKENSPROKET wrote:

Whats a hang gun? Is it an "Any Other Weapon"?

I think I'll drive over there to see what a hangun is and check you out Greg. I hope they allow Ron Paul fans.

Later Gator.

goforlow

imported post

Are you looking for any help? That is about 4 miles from my house.

Damn liberal town, this is the first time I have heard about a TEA party in Eau Claire. :cuss:

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

goforlow wrote:
Are you looking for any help? That is about 4 miles from my house.

Damn liberal town, this is the first time I have heard about a TEA party in Eau Claire. :cuss:

If you want to join me, that would be great.

I only heard about it this Tuesday, because one of the invited speakers will be at ourEC/CF OC Picnic planning meeting.

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

Spartacus wrote:
BROKENSPROKET wrote:

Whats a hang gun? Is it an "Any Other Weapon"?

I think I'll drive over there to see what a hangun is and check you out Greg. I hope they allow Ron Paul fans.

Later Gator.
Spartacus,

I am a diehard Ron Paul fan.

If you show up, I'll show you my hangun.

I sent you a PM.