Thread: I need help finding a video clip

Post imported post

I am writing an Examiner.com article about our new Registration Map ( http://opencarry.org/register.html ) and I am looking for a video clip (YouTube or other embeddable source) of a CSI (or other police drama) episode where they mention gun registration as if it were commonplace. But so far, I have had no luck finding what I am looking for.

Does anyone know of such a clip? If so, I would really appreciate it if you could post the URL here. Even if someone else has already posted a few, keep 'em coming. Yours might be a better fit for the angle I end up writing about.

Thanks!

John

Post imported post

CSI Miami, since there is no gun registration in Florida. You want the following episode INSIDE OUT (2007) where they query the non-existent gun registration databaes.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...type=&aq=f

The other issue is GSR tests. If you ran a GSR test on me, you'd think I killed a dozen people. All my clothing would come back positive, as would me usually.

Post imported post

Pace,

I watched all of the Inside Out clips and didn't find the registration database clip. Am I missing it or do you think it may not be there currently?

Thanks!

John

Pace wrote:
    CSI Miami, since there is no gun registration in Florida. You want the following episode INSIDE OUT (2007) where they query the non-existent gun registration databaes.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...type=&aq=f

The other issue is GSR tests. If you ran a GSR test on me, you'd think I killed a dozen people. All my clothing would come back positive, as would me usually.

Post imported post

I could be wrong.

Interesting however:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0313043/goofs

Post imported post

I think Pace is on the right track. CSI Miami is always looking up registration information or talking about who a gun is registered to regardless of the lack of registration in FL. Actually there are a lot of other things in that show that would make you think that FL had NYC gun laws. It's not a drama as much as a comedy.

I couldn't point you to any particular episode or clip but it certainly is a show that would have what you are looking for, John.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

This is a great idea for an article. It seems that just within a couple weeks ago I was watching a show and heard such a ridiculous reference.

Unfortunately, we who "know" hear them and laugh them off, while those who "don't know" hear them and file them away [even deeper] into the "it must be normal" department of brainwashed "hollywood facts".

I wish I could remember more details. I assume your time line is typical for most reporting: yesterday?

TFred

Post imported post

Or at least 'today'

TFred wrote:
    This is a great idea for an article. It seems that just within a couple weeks ago I was watching a show and heard such a ridiculous reference.

Unfortunately, we who "know" hear them and laugh them off, while those who "don't know" hear them and file them away [even deeper] into the "it must be normal" department of brainwashed "hollywood facts".

I wish I could remember more details. I assume your time line is typical for most reporting: yesterday?

TFred

Post imported post

I watched an episode of NCIS where they said that in 2010 all firearms will have to have their serial number micro-etched on their firing pin to trace a weapon from primer strikes. It was the episode where the Director gets killed I think. Might want to look at their series for something along the lines of "national" registration.

Post imported post

NCIS LA is correct, that is a new california law.

CarryOpen wrote:
    I watched an episode of NCIS where they said that in 2010 all firearms will have to have their serial number micro-etched on their firing pin to trace a weapon from primer strikes. It was the episode where the Director gets killed I think. Might want to look at their series for something along the lines of "national" registration.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

In the first season of Burn Notice there is a car chase where the 2 main characters are running from the police in Miami and were concerned about the "unregistered" Browning pistols in the trunk.

Post imported post

I am having no luck at all finding a video clip!

Surely one of our great internet detectives can help me out.

Post imported post

http://www.csifiles.com/content/

you can search by keywords.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

I stopped watching most the shows because of how they portray our 4th and 2nd amendment rights as a hindrance to Law enforcement and I know people just accept it as fact.

I have seen many times they talk about unregistered guns and searching gun databases. CSI seems to be the biggest offender.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

Eh, it's entertainment. Mind you, I got rid of my TV and watch a few shows on DVD or online netflix, through my XBOX 360 and protector, if I care.

CSI/NCIS/LAO are all fictitious in so many aspects, from 15 minute fingerprint searches, to magical gun registration databases, and LCD walls that would cost millions if they were real.

Most of these crime shows occur in cities where there are gun databases, where there are a lot of violent gun felons, and so on. I'd like to see CSI: North Phoenix where I live, where the wonderful Maricopa County Sheriff Deputies are

sudden valley gunner wrote:
    I stopped watching most the shows because of how they portray our 4th and 2nd amendment rights as a hindrance to Law enforcement and I know people just accept it as fact.

I have seen many times they talk about unregistered guns and searching gun databases. CSI seems to be the biggest offender.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

You are0correct but the fact remains these shows are and do influence public opinion.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

Yeah, I know. Unfortunately, when you live in places like LA and NYC, all you see is violence, so your mind is focused on that violence.

To give you an idea, I used to catch pedophiles and similar ilk in NYC. I've worked in Federal Task Forces (I worked in 7WTC) and worked for local and state agencies. After a while, everyone I saw was a potential child molester and I became the most overprotective parent. It was because my life was surrounded completely by those people.

NYC and LA has a significant issue that all they see is gun violence from thugs. They don't know anything else, because they are not involved. It's part of the growing polarization of America based on the immediate surroundings. We see something over and over again, we assume that's normal. I wish there would be shows on TV that would show people in all areas of this great country, of all different faiths, backgrounds and so on living great lives in Montana, Oregon, New York, Wisconsin..

Instead our kids are watching "Jersey Shore" where we see the lowest common denominator celebrate idiocy.

Post imported post

There is an episode of CSI Miami in which not only does the non-existent gun registry come up when a suspect is in his car but they also arrest the guy for having a loaded firearm in a glove box (IIRC) or at least in some location that I knew was legal to carry loaded in a vehicle in FL without a license. In other words a two-fer for pointing out such nonsense. I remember it because I irritated my wife by pausing the program and then going off about mis-portraying of gun laws/rights.

I'm trying to locate the episode but my memory is fuzzy about anything else that occurred in that program.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

Pace wrote:
    NCIS LA is correct, that is a new california law.

CarryOpen wrote:
    Yeah, I know about the CA law, but the impression one gets from the episode is that it is "all" firearms.

Post imported post

Did you see this thread?

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum4/40021.html

TFred

Post imported post

Yes. Dr. Lott's article was great and he has a LARGE national audience so his linking to OCDO was very appreciated!

John

TFred wrote:
    Did you see this thread?

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum4/40021.html

TFred

Post imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:

The worst show for thatis "Cops"!!!!! Or hell any "reality" law enforcement show.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for." Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch

Post imported post

These folks may be able to hook you up with positive footage/scenarios John..

http://www.leaa.org/Cops%20Versus%20...susguncon.html

http://www.leaa.org/Shield%202003/garyaldrich.html

he FBI has a new mission ­ to head off terrorism and prevent future attacks. This means that much of what the FBI does and learns will never see the public light of day. The new mission greatly empowers the “intelligence” side of the agency and helps to streamline the criminal side. No longer will the FBI be able to afford taking on every “Tom, Dick and Harry” violation of federal law that a pandering congress wants to throw at it.

A leaner, meaner FBI is being crafted as I write this article. The inherent danger of this newly shaped agency is that future politicians may be able to use the FBI to investigate domestic dissent, claiming that any opposition to the federal government’s agendas may indicate a willingness to commit terrorist acts.

History gives us a few examples to support this: abortion clinics blown up by pro-life advocates on the Right, various citizens blown up with letter bombs from a nutcase on the Left, and, of course, the bombing of the Oklahoma Federal Office Building also serves as justification for some for watching our own citizens more closely.

But do these cases justify increased citizen scrutiny? Such domestic terrorist acts are rare, and when closely examined, it’s easily determined that these terrorists ­ deranged criminals, really ­ have acted on their own.

Will the FBI end up investigating us all by claiming that every one of us has potential to be a future terrorist because we have an opinion different from the party in power? These are the questions that we should be asking the FBI today.

The pratfalls of the FBI’s past are becoming a distant memory in the wake of 9-11. Let’s hope we’ve seen the last of these significant and preventable errors. But can we get security from terrorists ­ domestic or foreign ­ without significant loss of civil liberties?

That is the question that justifies closer scrutiny of the FBI. Let’s make sure they’re investigating the right people and not looking into your business or mine because we happen to own a gun, or vocally support a politician who adores the Bible or the Bill of Rights.

http://www.policemag.com/Channel/Wea...tim-Zones.aspx

http://www.2ampd.net/

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2...6-32924109_ITM