• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Next Gun Show At Lexington Cneter?

neuroblades

imported post

Posting to see if anyone local might know when there's going to be another gun show at Lexington Center, where they usually are? According to http://www.gunshows-usa.com/kentucky.htmthe only shows in Lexington are at the Shriner's Temple on Southland Drive.

I also noticed a HUGE gap for guns in Kentucky from April to October, 5 whole months WITHOUT a gunshow! *LOL*

Statesman

imported post

Are you kidding me? I can hardly remember a time where there WASN'T a gun show going on in either Louisville or Lexington (Lexington Center). If I weren't who I am, I'd be sick of the neon pink signs on New Circle.

There will probably be one next month.

neuroblades

imported post

Well, there's one coming up on March 6th in Ashland, about 60 miles from me that one I consider local, pretty much though it's a small one and definitely NOT as good as Lexington's. In April 17th there's one in Lexington at the Shriner's Temple on Southland, near some relatives of mine. But that's all that's been listed till later in the year. It kind of has me scared. *LOL*

Another reason for asking, my best friend is wanting to take his fiancee to the one in Lexington Center. She had NEVER casred about going to one but now she's wanting to get a sidearm, nothing major, just something to get used to shooting and it has to be PINK! *ROTFLMBO* I guess that's the price we pay for having the opposite sex in the shooting hobby. *LOL*

P.S. Before I get posts back from the female shooters out there, no disrespect was meant above.Just that PINK guns look funny. *LOL*

neuroblades

imported post

Statesman wrote:
Are you kidding me? I can hardly remember a time where there WASN'T a gun show going on in either Louisville or Lexington (Lexington Center). If I weren't who I am, I'd be sick of the neon pink signs on New Circle.

There will probably be one next month.
If they happen to post one on the billboards down there, please post back here, just in case the site doesn't list it. I'd much rather do a show at Lexington Center than a much smaller one. Thanks. :)

neuroblades

imported post

I've heard of Knob Creek, that's the machine gun outing, right? Where exactly is that held? What types of things, other than the thrill on full auto, do they have there?

Hectate

imported post

New poster here. Normally I lurk but the request for information was far too much for me to bear without answering. :D

The website shows that the next scheduled show is June 19-20.

http://lexingtoncenter.com/events/2010/20100619_kennyWoods.php

Perhaps it wasn't yet on the schedule when you asked?

Also, the Kenny Woods Gun and Knife Show schedule page indicates there is another one scheduled September 18-19, as well as others throughout Kentucky.

http://www.rkshows.com/south/kentucky.htm

Cheers!

neuroblades

imported post

Thank you, Hectate. I had been checking the last link you posted, didn't think about looking up Lexington Centers link though. LOL

The info is much appreciated! Thank you again. :)