• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wondered if this was true

SpringerXDacp

imported post

T Vance wrote:
I read somewhere today that a group of OCer's had an "event" in Monroe (the source said sometime in 2008, possibly 2009). It was at a restaurant, and the police showed up nd "cited the leader of the group for causing a disturbance. The proscuter decided to drop the charges though".

I've never heard about this. Does anyone know this to be true?
I think that was a get-together a year or so ago at the Cafe Classics Coffee House near Monroe and Front Streets. Nothing happened that I recall. The place is in the OC Friendly Places.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

T Vance wrote:
I read somewhere today that a group of OCer's had an "event" in Monroe (the source said sometime in 2008, possibly 2009). It was at a restaurant, and the police showed up nd "cited the leader of the group for causing a disturbance. The proscuter decided to drop the charges though".

I've never heard about this. Does anyone know this to be true?

As far as I know this was the event I was at and gave an OC presentation with a lawyer that was running for prosecutor. The event had about 100 people in a cafe and no police showed up. The owner loved the money and wonders when we will be back.

All in all a good event, except for the prosecutor telling the media not to show up because he was afraid of the publicity his opponent might get.