• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Orleans Case: What happens when 'only cops have guns'

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I am waiting for the next super disaster to happen, so I can watch what the police do..... I hope the next time the people will say NO to illegal gun confiscations, even if it means the unmentionable happens & the people fight back :X

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Very interesting. I had never heard of this Danziger Bridge incident. Vile ...
oh, yeah..I read about that a few years ago. They shot the guy, who was a developmentally disabled guy in the back 5 times, while his older brother plead with the NOPD not to shoot him.

Amerika the police state...awesome place to live.:?

We not only have to fear the criminals, but also the Government enforcers.:X

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
this is NOT cop bashing, I hope this one doesnt get closed like the legitimate Katrina thread.
no I am not bashing the cops, I have nothing but respect for them:uhoh: & how is speaking the truth , Bashing anyways ? :? Are those 2 pictures above not depicting NOPD officers acting like Jack Booted Thugs ? Did they not Illegally disarm the Population of their Handguns, making Open Carry Illegal ? This has everything thing to do with Open Carry.

Locking this thread would be saying that the Moderators agree with their Illegal policy & Nazi like tactics, If the Moderators do not lock this thread they agree that we should be able to openly talk about it illegal policies that the Police employ to infringe on our RTKABA.

suntzu

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
I am waiting for the next super disaster to happen, so I can watch what the police do..... I hope the next time the people will say NO to illegal gun confiscations, even if it means the unmentionable happens & the people fight back :X
They do like to act like the military don't they.

1245A Defender

imported post

i could never understand how the cops had the time to dissarm law abbiding citizens, in intact, hi ground, safe neiborhoods, but didnt have time to do anything with all the looters, and the people trapped on rooftops, it the sports dome, etc, as nausium.
it was just sickening
i dont want to see annother chance to see if that would happen again!
i wonder if any of those cops were Oath Keepers?
i wonder if any Oath Keepers refused to take part in any of that bull sh5t!

if something like that happened here, id make sure to have my 22 rifles and my 25 raven auto near the door for protection!! so they will have something to confiscate, then go on there merry way.
but ill be having lots of the good stuff stashed away to really protect myself with :cool:

oh noo did i just say that on a public forum??:banghead:

SpringerXDacp

imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
i could never understand how the cops had the time to dissarm law abbiding citizens, in intact, hi ground, safe neiborhoods, but didnt have time to do anything with all the looters, and the people trapped on rooftops, it the sports dome, etc, as nausium.
it was just sickening

if something like that happened here, id make sure to have my 22 rifles and my 25 raven auto near the door for protection!! so they will have something to confiscate, then go on there merry way.
but ill be having lots of the good stuff stashed away to really protect myself with :cool:

With all the tragic boating accidents that transpired in the last two years in the U.S., there's very few firearms left to confiscate. :cool:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
it was just sickening

I would allow the ones that are still alive to take mine..once I am no longer breathing.
Like Chuck Heston once said...FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS.

The Oath Keepers have like 6000 members total, which includes the associate members, Thats Nothing.... meaning their efforts are kinda like a joke, with over a Million & a half Military members & about 600,000 LEO's - 6,000 Oath Keepers is not even a drop in the bucket. I am pretty sure the next time a national disaster happens in Amerika & our government imposes martial law, then orders the confiscation of our weapons the 6,000 Oath keepers that have active roles in the military & LE will be confiscating our weapons along with the other Military members & police officers. 6,000 People have NO voice & NO say. They are not going to risk going to jail or losing their jobs...no way.

protias

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
1245A Defender wrote:
it was just sickening

With all the tragic boating accidents that transpired in the last two years in the U.S., there's very few firearms left to confiscate. :cool:
I know. Such tragic events will cause any man to cry in his beer when he gets to shore. :p

codename_47

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

codename_47 wrote:
The Danziger bridge is just one of several very questionable incidents that happened by the oh so professional NOPD.

You have the henry glover case where a man was shot by the cops and wound up in a burned out car that was last seen in police custody....

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2010/02/new_orleans_police_officer_une.html

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/law-disorder/

Cops seeing all sorts of things in people's hands that never turn out to be guns.
oh, but if you speak about any of those incidents, The cop loving people say your one of the JBT cry babies, or your drinking the Cop Bashing Kool-aid. The Law Enforcement community is supposed to lead by example & be role models, yet look at the way they act on a constant daily basis all over the USA , corrupt & shameful :lol::uhoh: It's actually too bad the police have rightfully earned such a negative reputation, because I think that when they became police officers they had good intentions, but then the Badge, gun, power & ability to do anything they want to with impunity becomes a reality to them, then they begin acting like judge, jury & executioner.:(

Ex_Marine

Banned
imported post

Why do idiots think that trained Police Officers with established regulation cannot be trusted with guns yet allow anyone to possess one?

Lack of GUN control equates to chaos. Pure stupidity!!!!

Fact: no guns = no gun crimes :p

* all my posts are my opinion.

MatieA

imported post

@ Ex_Marine

Where I come from the only ex Marine is one that has been dishonorably discharged. The rest of us are former Marines.

Once a Marine ALWAYS a Marine!!

Ex_Marine

Banned
imported post

I use that designation because I do not glorify myself with my past accomplishments.( As limited as they were ). Although some Ex_Marines wear their medals even when they shower and sleep. That is a true Marine. Semper Fidelis to those who truly believe death before dishonor !!!!!!

Although, I see this web site supports the 2nd amendment it clearly does not hold the spirit as it comes to the 1st.

"I only support the 2nd Amendment because it was created to support the first."

The truth is a dangerous thing to the one that speaks it.

It is just common sense that a civilized nation cannot allow every citizen to have access to a deadly weapon.

By limiting the tools of destruction one limits the opportunity to destroy.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ex_Marine wrote:
I use that designation because I do not glorify myself with my past accomplishments.( As limited as they were ). Although some Ex_Marines wear their medals even when they shower and sleep. That is a true Marine. Semper Fidelis to those who truly believe death before dishonor !!!!!!

Although, I see this web site supports the 2nd amendment it clearly does not hold the spirit as it comes to the 1st.

"I only support the 2nd Amendment because it was created to support the first."

The truth is a dangerous thing to the one that speaks it.

It is just common sense that a civilized nation cannot allow every citizen to have access to a deadly weapon.

By limiting the tools of destruction one limits the opportunity to destroy.
so then, who should not be able to enjoy gun ownership ? us civilians ? :X