• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Orleans Case: What happens when 'only cops have guns'

cscitney87

imported post

Boating accidents and the like. There's no way to prove it didn't happen-

"Was on a hike a few weeks ago. Slipped and the pistol fell down the mountain side. Never found it."

"Hunting duck last year- slipped right out of my hands. I know exactly where it is.. 50 ft under Lake St Clair."

When really the pistols 3 inches from the officer- hidden behind the drywall.

Really does seem like it would work great.

Theguy

imported post

Ex_Marine wrote:
By limiting the tools of destruction one limits the opportunity to destroy.

While on the surface that argument makes sense, anyone who ever took a history class (Prohibition, I'm looking at YOU!) or even watches the news (druggies, I'm looking at YOU!) can see that there is no, repeat no way to prohibit something to someone who wants it badly enough.

Since there is no way to prohibit firearms to criminals, how does it make sense to prohibit them to law-abiding people (you know, the only people who would actually obey any gun control laws)?

Deanimator

imported post

Ex_Marine wrote:
It is just common sense that a civilized nation cannot allow every citizen to have access to a deadly weapon.
And how do you limit that "access"?

Race? Been done already.

Wealth? Happening right now.

Political influence? Happening right now.

I wouldn't call it "force" given the universal weakness of their "arguments", but AHSA is certainly out in profusion these past few weeks.

They're like Holocaust deniers. Nobody believes them, but they just can't stop lying.

cscitney87

imported post

Ex_Marine wrote:
It is just common sense that a civilized nation cannot allow every citizen to have access to a deadly weapon.

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAH

Sorry Ex Marine- A pair of scissors is your deadly weapon. A 2x4 is your deadly weapon. A hammer is your deadly weapon. A screwdriver is your deadly weapon.

I love that only Guns kill people....

Pace

imported post

"It is just common sense that a civilized nation cannot allow every citizen to have access to a deadly weapon."

Our Constitution is very special in this regards. It makes clear that every citizen is equal to ever other citizen, regardless of religion, race, creed, color, sexuality, location, or type of coffee they drink.

And Yes, its a SLOW living document that allows for changing in the Constitution, which is why slavery was abolished, women now have the right to vote and so on. (Slow Living = Very hard to change).

To ever say that one thing can only apply to one status of citizens is ridiculous. Once you are of the age of majority in this country, the State, the Government must treat you equally in all cases.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Ex_Marine wrote:
Although, I see this web site supports the 2nd amendment it clearly does not hold the spirit as it comes to the 1st.

"I only support the 2nd Amendment because it was created to support the first."

The truth is a dangerous thing to the one that speaks it.

The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with the 1st Amendment. Our nation was bornby the spirit of and the desire to be self governing.The colonies were not open to the concept of being ruled by a king across an ocean who would not recognize their right to govern themselves. The people are the militia. The people require arms in order to defend themselves and fight for independence from an oppressive government. The rights enjoyed under the 2nd Amendment were secured because of the principle expressed in the 2nd Amendment The 1st is dependent upon the 2nd to defend it.The 2nd is not dependant upon the 1st.:cool:

You may be "free" to express your opinion, but others are free to be critical of it.... ;)

An independent civilized nation can only be independent if it citizens are armed. If each and every citizen were armed and had a sense of civil duty, our Police force would only need be a fraction of its current size. Our tax dollars are wasted because people are too lazy to take personal responsibility for their communities.

There has been genocide waged with weapons fabricated out of scrap metal. Disarming the citizens only protects the criminals and the oppressors....:?

Semper Fi...

SWFL Oath Keepers

imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
i could never understand how the cops had the time to dissarm law abbiding citizens, in intact, hi ground, safe neiborhoods, but didnt have time to do anything with all the looters, and the people trapped on rooftops, it the sports dome, etc, as nausium.
it was just sickening
i dont want to see annother chance to see if that would happen again!
i wonder if any of those cops were Oath Keepers?
i wonder if any Oath Keepers refused to take part in any of that bull sh5t!

if something like that happened here, id make sure to have my 22 rifles and my 25 raven auto near the door for protection!! so they will have something to confiscate, then go on there merry way.
but ill be having lots of the good stuff stashed away to really protect myself with :cool:

oh noo did i just say that on a public forum??:banghead:

My name is Keith, and I am the SWFL (Southwest Florida) Oath Keepers chapter Organizer.

Katrina has become a model of sorts for (forgive my using Obama's term here) a 'systemic failure.'

Regardless of whether or not you are retired or active duty military, law enforcement, or just someone who is sympathetic to the causes, it is ESSENTIAL that every liberty-loving citizen becomes involved in an effort to reach out to, teach and inspire currently military and LEOs exactly WHAT their oath means and toWHAT(NOT WHOM)that oath was pledged.

Katrina WILL happen again, unless those on the front lines understand what their duties are to disobey unlawful orders.

Lest we forget Nuremberg, and the ruling that 'just following orders' is NOT an acceptable defense.

SWFL Oath Keepers

imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with the 1st Amendment. Our nation was bornby the spirit of and the desire to be self governing.The colonies were not open to the concept of being ruled by a king across an ocean who would not recognize their right to govern themselves. The people are the militia.
You may be "free" to express your opinion, but others are free to be critical of it.... ;)

Then allow me to be the first to address, with all due respect,the glaring inaccuracy of your opening assertion.

The 2nd amendment is the one inalienable right granted to us by GOD that PROTECTS ALL OTHERS and insures they WILL NOT BE INFRINGED UPON.

SWFL Oath Keepers

imported post

cscitney87 wrote:
Ex_Marine wrote:

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAH

Sorry Ex Marine- A pair of scissors is your deadly weapon. A 2x4 is your deadly weapon. A hammer is your deadly weapon. A screwdriver is your deadly weapon.

I love that only Guns kill people....
You are forgetting about Ted Kennedy's car...