Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone hear the Jeff Wagner show today on am 620?

Post imported post

Jeff Wagner ripped open carriers for last sundays open carry protest in sussex.He says he's for ccw but you guys are making gun owners look bad by open carring.I thought he was full of crap!

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Position: Host of The Jeff Wagner Show
    Residence: Whitefish Bay
    Personal File: Married
    Joined WTMJ: 1998
    Did You Know: Jeff is a 1982 graduate of Marquette University Law School. In his free time, Jeff is an avid golfer and enjoys horse racing.
    Jeff Wagner joined 620 WTMJ in the summer of 1998 as fill in host of Midday with Charlie Sykes and the host of The Jeff Wagner Show on Saturday mornings. Jeff fit in so well at WTMJ, he joined the station full time in November 1998 as host of his own weekday show, which airs Monday through Friday from noon to 2 p.m.

Jeff's foray into radio is a relatively new career choice. He stepped up to the mic in 1995 as a fill-in host for another local radio station. Before he joined the ranks at WTMJ, most people recognized Jeff from his long and successful law career. He is a formerfederal prosecutor at the U.S. Attorney's Office for eleven and a half years where he was Head of the Organized Crime Task Force. In 1993, Jeff went into private practice and was also on the 1994 Republican candidate for State Attorney General.

Always open to your questions and comments, you can email Jeff at
    wagner@620wtmj.com

http://www.620wtmj.com/shows/directory/44931637.html

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar

Post imported post

More Podcast Stories

Jeff Wagner Show - Thursday, 02/25/10 Hour 2

"The Department Of Justice" with Jeff Wagner, 1pm to 2pm. Read more »
    Download Podcast Starts 4 min. 6 sec. in.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQ34JTqk0I

In the ashes burns an ember of liberty, We are the fuel to ignite the ember into a flame of liberty.

The embodiment of our founding fathers will not be found in one man , But in Many.

****** give it away ( Our rights ) prostitutes sell it (Mandated training).

McX

Post imported post

you ever notice how the anti's are always for cc? and they always hide behind that to defend any other subject about firearms.

Banned

Post imported post

http://media2.620wtmj.com/wagner/022510_Hour2.mp3

National Reasonable Association proud member speaking for the average "solid citizen" thinking OC at a coffee shop is scary and especially in advance of an election cycle.

Wagner is pro-registration, pro-training. CCW needs a good reason like pizza delivery.

Caller mentioned Wisconsin looking like the old West.

Post imported post

Is this guy running for office or something?

Thanks to Francais for getting on and doing a good job of articulating his position, while the other callers that reacted negatively, did just that, reacted.

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar

Post imported post

We'll get a c.c.w. bill signed in to law with Scott Walker, oh really!

Not if there is another Chuck Chavla as majority leader and won't let it come to the floor for a vote. Then what?

More of the same.( last 14 some years.)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQ34JTqk0I

In the ashes burns an ember of liberty, We are the fuel to ignite the ember into a flame of liberty.

The embodiment of our founding fathers will not be found in one man , But in Many.

****** give it away ( Our rights ) prostitutes sell it (Mandated training).

McX

Post imported post

wisconsin looks like the old west?! at the chinese restaraunt i didn't see anyone come in by horseback, i didn't see a single spittoon on the place, no piano player, and no dancing girls, no one wearing spurrs.......maybe i was at the wrong place?

Post imported post

if he were to run for officei wouldnever ever votefor himthat radio station is so full of baloney and highly opinionated it's thier way or you are not a good caller ah well

Post imported post

McX wrote:
    wisconsin looks like the old west?! at the chinese restaraunt i didn't see anyone come in by horseback, i didn't see a single spittoon on the place, no piano player, and no dancing girls, no one wearing spurrs.......maybe i was at the wrong place?
    yes you needed to be in milwaukee

Post imported post

Post imported post

Post imported post

Post imported post

double post sorry.

Post imported post

triple post sorry . . sheesh good thing that was not my 92FS sorry for all that crap for sure!

Banned

Post imported post

BerettaFS92Custom wrote:
    Massively mangling metaphors, Milwaukee is not the old West, its Watts.

For you youngsters

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watts_riot

Post imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
    BerettaFS92Custom wrote:
    Massively mangling metaphors, Milwaukee is not the old West, its Watts.
    haha true that

:what:eeek watts

Post imported post

Although the host and all but one caller agreed that OC demonstrations hurt "The Cause", which I can only assume means adoption of CC, none of them could give a reasonable explanation as to why.

Every one of them predicted panic at the mere sight of a firearm, which after spending a few minutes on this site you will find that assertion to be completely false. Even to suggest that even though OCer's peaceably drink coffee together, once boredom sets in, look out, bad things are gonna happen.

After hearing this blatant exchange of ignorance I have to wonder, what side are these so called "2nd Amendment Proponents" on. It appears to me if this is the mindset all over the state there is no hope for OC. The ignorant masses don't want to see it, and neither do the supporters of "The Cause". Which makes OC the easiest chip to bargain away, and the tastiest morsel for the feel good crowd to chew on.

What hope is there?

I hope I'm wrong.

McX

Post imported post

yeah, once again 'the bunch' always advocates cc. like out of sight out of mind. is the 'threat' any less real when it's concealed? deterrent effect is lost too. me suspects they like cc cause it won't ruffle their politically correct feathers like oc does. disturb their 'everything is just fine' beliefs and attitudes.

yes, doug, i remember watts. say, now that your back, where's my palm tree?

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar

Post imported post

This is a good example of opportunity we have with twitter.

If you become aware of a radio broadcast discussing the right to carry in Wisconsin, send me an email at nik@wisconsincarry.org

I can send out a tweet on twitter that people will receive instantly and can tune in and call in with some common sense rights-minded opinions.

If you haven't already, please follow Wisconsin Carry on twitter. www.twitter.com/wisconsincarry

After you select to follow Wisconsin Carry, there is an option in your settings to have tweets sent to your mobile device. Make sure to activate those settings so you'll get our tweets instantly as text messages.

Carry on
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Post imported post

How many fellon's or "future felons" have a handgun in a holster that's visible?

Banned

Post imported post

SCOTUS will change everything in March. That is what guys like Wagner, Chisholm and Flynn are afraid of. That is why they are so eager for a CCW Bill now. Screw them!

Stand strong and after SCOTUS we will have that no compromise non-permitted Right to Carry that we all have been hoping for.

Post imported post

When Jeff Wagner was an asst. US attorney, he prosecuted a violent black drug gang called B.O.S.- "Brothers of the Struggle."
    He applied for and became a "Special" Deputy US marshal, this allowed him to carry concealed anytime, anywhere. I didn't begrudge him being able to carry the pistol. Knowing those thugs, I'm sure his life was threatened.
    But is his life more valuable than say a taxi driver or an HVAC person that has to work in dangerous areas?
    Meanwhile, the sheeple bleat (like the old lady at the carry protest) and the nanny state supporters are afraid we're going to turn into the "old west." They should be more worried about a long, hot summer.

Post imported post

jwayne972 wrote:
    Is this guy running for office or something?

Thanks to Francais for getting on and doing a good job of articulating his position, while the other callers that reacted negatively, did just that, reacted.

Its “ois” not “ais” but an excellent guess most people don’t even come that close.

Your welcome, they put me on so quick I did not have time to get what I wanted to say straight.

In most south western states O.C. is as common as C.C.W. and when I lived in Vegas I did both all of the time. It’s no big deal when you see it every day! No one ran or called the cops when I walked my dog’s with my .357 hanging off my hip. I actually made a few friends that way.

In my mind you cannot have one without the other period. We need a shall issue C.C.W law no doubt, and we need to be left alone when we choose to O.C.

Great job to those who are fighting the good fight, as I said the only reason this is even an issue is because of YOU who choose to O.C. and are making people uncomfortable.

Banned

Post imported post

McX wrote:
    yes, doug, i remember watts. say, now that your back, where's my palm tree?
    6 oz. each from Wianapanapa beach (black) and the summit of Haleakala (red). PM your street address. I'm going to eat the coconut.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast