• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone hear the Jeff Wagner show today on am 620?

Glockface

imported post

Jeff Wagner ripped open carriers for last sundays open carry protest in sussex.He says he's for ccw but you guys are making gun owners look bad by open carring.I thought he was full of crap!

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

[align=left]Position: Host of The Jeff Wagner Show
Residence: Whitefish Bay
Personal File: Married
Joined WTMJ: 1998
Did You Know: Jeff is a 1982 graduate of Marquette University Law School. In his free time, Jeff is an avid golfer and enjoys horse racing.
[/align] [align=left]
Wagner_main.jpg
[/align] [align=left]Jeff Wagner joined 620 WTMJ in the summer of 1998 as fill in host of Midday with Charlie Sykes and the host of The Jeff Wagner Show on Saturday mornings. Jeff fit in so well at WTMJ, he joined the station full time in November 1998 as host of his own weekday show, which airs Monday through Friday from noon to 2 p.m.

Jeff's foray into radio is a relatively new career choice. He stepped up to the mic in 1995 as a fill-in host for another local radio station. Before he joined the ranks at WTMJ, most people recognized Jeff from his long and successful law career. He is a formerfederal prosecutor at the U.S. Attorney's Office for eleven and a half years where he was Head of the Organized Crime Task Force. In 1993, Jeff went into private practice and was also on the 1994 Republican candidate for State Attorney General.

Always open to your questions and comments, you can email Jeff at
[/align]wagner@620wtmj.com

http://www.620wtmj.com/shows/directory/44931637.html

M

McX

imported post

you ever notice how the anti's are always for cc? and they always hide behind that to defend any other subject about firearms.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

http://media2.620wtmj.com/wagner/022510_Hour2.mp3

National Reasonable Association proud member speaking for the average "solid citizen" thinking OC at a coffee shop is scary and especially in advance of an election cycle.

Wagner is pro-registration, pro-training. CCW needs a good reason like pizza delivery.

Caller mentioned Wisconsin looking like the old West.

jwayne972

imported post

Is this guy running for office or something?

Thanks to Francais for getting on and doing a good job of articulating his position, while the other callers that reacted negatively, did just that, reacted.

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
imported post

We'll get a c.c.w. bill signed in to law with Scott Walker, oh really!

Not if there is another Chuck Chavla as majority leader and won't let it come to the floor for a vote. Then what?

More of the same.( last 14 some years.)

M

McX

imported post

wisconsin looks like the old west?!:banghead: at the chinese restaraunt i didn't see anyone come in by horseback, i didn't see a single spittoon on the place, no piano player, and no dancing girls, no one wearing spurrs.......maybe i was at the wrong place?

BerettaFS92Custom

imported post

McX wrote:
wisconsin looks like the old west?!:banghead: at the chinese restaraunt i didn't see anyone come in by horseback, i didn't see a single spittoon on the place, no piano player, and no dancing girls, no one wearing spurrs.......maybe i was at the wrong place?
yes you needed to be in milwaukee :lol:

jwayne972

imported post

Although the host and all but one caller agreed that OC demonstrations hurt "The Cause", which I can only assume means adoption of CC, none of them could give a reasonable explanation as to why.

Every one of them predicted panic at the mere sight of a firearm, which after spending a few minutes on this site you will find that assertion to be completely false. Even to suggest that even though OCer's peaceably drink coffee together, once boredom sets in, look out, bad things are gonna happen.

After hearing this blatant exchange of ignorance I have to wonder, what side are these so called "2nd Amendment Proponents" on. It appears to me if this is the mindset all over the state there is no hope for OC. The ignorant masses don't want to see it, and neither do the supporters of "The Cause". Which makes OC the easiest chip to bargain away, and the tastiest morsel for the feel good crowd to chew on.

What hope is there?

I hope I'm wrong.

M

McX

imported post

yeah, once again 'the bunch' always advocates cc. like out of sight out of mind. is the 'threat' any less real when it's concealed? deterrent effect is lost too. me suspects they like cc cause it won't ruffle their politically correct feathers like oc does. disturb their 'everything is just fine' beliefs and attitudes.

yes, doug, i remember watts.:) say, now that your back, where's my palm tree?:lol:

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

This is a good example of opportunity we have with twitter.

If you become aware of a radio broadcast discussing the right to carry in Wisconsin, send me an email at nik@wisconsincarry.org

I can send out a tweet on twitter that people will receive instantly and can tune in and call in with some common sense rights-minded opinions.

If you haven't already, please follow Wisconsin Carry on twitter. www.twitter.com/wisconsincarry

After you select to follow Wisconsin Carry, there is an option in your settings to have tweets sent to your mobile device. Make sure to activate those settings so you'll get our tweets instantly as text messages.

Carry on