Thread: walking biking driving camping with my pistol or rifle/shotgun?

Post imported post

walking from mex to the border of canada with my pistol and rifle!

or from ca. to fl.....! is this legeal?

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter

Post imported post

Only if you pick your path very carefully.

Post imported post

righton73 wrote:
    walking from mex to the border of canada with my pistol and rifle!

or from ca. to fl.....! is this legeal?
    o.O

Post imported post

south to north,, should be AOK, just no loaded carry in calif and parts of oregon.

west to east,, you will need a concealed carry license to CC your pistol thru texas at least.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Post imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
    south to north,, should be AOK, just no loaded carry in calif and parts of oregon.

west to east,, you will need a concealed carry license to CC your pistol thru texas at least.
    Loaded Open Carry is legal in parts of California.

If you are in unincorported territory (outside city limits) and there aren't any prohibitions on discharging a firearm, then you are covered under PC 12031.

Ensure that the firearm is not concealed unless you are camped, where it would also generally be legal to have it loaded as your campsite is considered your domicile.

Also be very aware of where every single school along your route of travel is located. You will need to zig-zag your way up through CA in order to stay at least 1,000 feet from school property per CA PC 626.9.

Post imported post

i'm planning on riding a bike or hiking the pct which goes from mex to canada. it's ok to conceal at camp sitethanx.

Founder's Club Member MudCamper's Avatar

Post imported post

Decoligny wrote:
    Ensure that the firearm is not concealed unless you are camped, where it would also generally be legal to have it loaded as your campsite is considered your domicile.
    I'm going to side-track here for a bit:

Where is it codified that one's campsite is one's domicile? Loading is legal in one's campsite because it is specifically exempted in 12031. And since a campsite is a "residence" (residences can be temporary) it is reasonable to argue that one could conceal, although that is not an absolute legal certainty like loading.

But it was my understanding that legally a "domicile" is one's permanent residence. That's why 12050 should be legal to issue to part-time residences, because domicile is not a requirement of 12050, just residence.

Anyway, to the OP, yes, legal, but unloaded most of the time unless in remote unincorporated lands and handguns in locked case in school zones.

Post imported post

MudCamper wrote:
    Decoligny wrote:
    I'm going to side-track here for a bit:

Where is it codified that one's campsite is one's domicile? Loading is legal in one's campsite because it is specifically exempted in 12031. And since a campsite is a "residence" (residences can be temporary) it is reasonable to argue that one could conceal, although that is not an absolute legal certainty like loading.

But it was my understanding that legally a "domicile" is one's permanent residence. That's why 12050 should be legal to issue to part-time residences, because domicile is not a requirement of 12050, just residence.

Anyway, to the OP, yes, legal, but unloaded most of the time unless in remote unincorporated lands and handguns in locked case in school zones.
    I stand corrected, my bad on the word domicile, I should have said residence.

Post imported post

You will need this for your bike.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-WWII-US-...item563a7bf79f

FREEDOM.

Post imported post

thankyou!