Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Party in LaCrosse...

Banned

Post imported post

Thank you Hubert for allowing me to organize your birthday party.

For those of you who went to the Sussex event, you already know Hubert as the fine gentleman that has been giving his heart and soul to the cause and is one of the board of directors for Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

I have talked to Enrique, a friend of mine and owner of Fiesta Mexicana in the south side of La Crosse and he has given his wholehearted permission to allow open carry at his restaurant for Hubert's birthday party and to promote the principles of open carry, in which he is a believer.

The party will be at noon on Sunday, the 14th of March at 12:00 and it will be my pleasure to pay for everything. This means free food for all of you who can make it over to La Crosse with your loved ones at my expense as a way of thanking Hubert for all his efforts on behalf of our righteous cause.

Regrettably I will only be able to pay for food and soda and not tequila and beer... or your bail should you choose to drink said beverages.

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?oe...35539355770703

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

So you guys are going to carry in a establishment with a Class B liquor license? I'd reconsider...
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - "A wise man's heart inclines him to the right, but the fool's heart to the left."

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

941.237(2)
    (2) Whoever intentionally goes armed with a handgun on any premises for which a Class "B" or "Class B" license or permit has been issued under ch. 125 is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.

941.237(3)
    (3) Subsection (2) does not apply to any of the following:

941.237(3)(g)
    (g) The possession or use of a handgun on the premises if authorized for a specific event of limited duration by the owner or manager of the premises who is issued the Class "B" or "Class B" license or permit under ch. 125 for the premises.
    In La Crosse County many restaurant/bar businesses host things like DU, Whitetails, Pheasants, or Turkey banquets. They have both long guns and handguns during these dinner events.

The statute is clear, this is for s specific event and a limited duration, PERFECTLY LEGAL.

I also remember a few of the guys from the Wisconsin Patriots commenting about OC in bar/restaurants with permission of the owner.

Nothing to reconsider at all.

Carry On.

Banned

Post imported post

^^^ Exactly BNH. If we don't flex our rights we lose them.

It should be a great time and I hope y'all can come on over.

Post imported post

I'll definitely be there. My son may even come along. he's turning eighteen this weekend and has expressed an interest in OC. Would be good for him to have his first time in a group setting.

Post imported post

Hopefully i'll have my G19 back from the factory by then. But a holster would do just fine i suppose. I'm excited to meet some of you guys. Put the name to the face. Better ask off at work :? Take care

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I stand corrected! Carry on!

***I should go back and do a bit more statute reading/learing...***
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - "A wise man's heart inclines him to the right, but the fool's heart to the left."

Post imported post

pvtschultz wrote:
    I stand corrected! Carry on!

***I should go back and do a bit more statute reading/learning...***
    Please don't take it that way at all. That is what the forum is for, to cite legal source and help educate. Wisconsin's gun laws are so FUBAR that even the legislators don't know what's in them.

We encourage everybody to come here and learn. When we look at the Five OC prohibited places, there are "permission" exceptions to all of them.

McX

Post imported post

happy birthday hubert! so, you eligible for the senior citizen discount yet? PM me, and i will send you one of the coveted Mechanix Ltd. baseball hats.

Banned

Post imported post

Serpent wrote:
    I'll definitely be there. My son may even come along. he's turning eighteen this weekend and has expressed an interest in OC. Would be good for him to have his first time in a group setting.
    It will be good to meet your son. My 20 YO son will be here for the next few weeks but will be flying back to FL the day before the party.

Post imported post

I wish I could attend, but I accepted a new job in another state.

Happy (early) birthday Hubert. :celebrate
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Post imported post

protias wrote:

Lucky you...as long as it's not IL.
    Logan - Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable
    Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP
    CC permits: MN, FL, NH, PA and CO

Member of:
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc., Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, and National Rifle Association

Post imported post

logan wrote:
    protias wrote:

Lucky you...as long as it's not IL.
    I hate traveling through there, I couldn't live there. I'm moving to IN.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Post imported post

Now I have a tough decision to make.

I really wanted to get Mr. Pucci to allow me to set up a Wisconsin Carry Membership Drive table at the Rocco Memorial Gunshow in Eau Claire that same weekend.

Willthe local press invited or is this a private party?

Post imported post

I'll be there! How many people can attend? Just printed out the google information. Thanks!:celebrate
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Banned

Post imported post

BROKENSPROKET wrote:
    Now I have a tough decision to make.

I really wanted to get Mr. Pucci to allow me to set up a Wisconsin Carry Membership Drive table at the Rocco Memorial Gunshow in Eau Claire that same weekend.

Willthe local press invited or is this a private party?
    Totally private unless they get wind of it. If Pucci treats you anything like he did Hubert, forget about it!

rcawdor, bring as many folks as you like... I'm buying.

Post imported post

:celebrate Sounds great! I met Hubert a year or so ago (and again in Sussex last weekend) at his open carry event. He DESERVES our appreciation as does Jesus! It is a long drive from Kenosha but well worth it! I hope I can bring my youngest with me and I look forward to fighting for all of our freedoms!

“The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Post imported post

I guess this would be a good opportunity to meet everyone and try OC for the first time. The only question now is the 9mm, .45, or .44???

Banned

Post imported post

It will be good to meet you CU. I hope everyone from the La Crosse area can come.

Its an easy choice for me. I always go for the .44 magnum to compensate for my inadequate manhood...

Post imported post

Is Nik or Auric going to make it?

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar

Post imported post

BROKENSPROKET wrote:
    Is Nik or Auric going to make it?
    I will be in The District that weekend on a bit of "business"

But I'll stay hi to Mike Stollenwerk for you all!
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Post imported post

Just a friendly BUMP to the top. We have had a lot of press within the last few days along with many new members within the last week.

Looking forward to meeting the old and new alike.

www.wisconsincarry.org/events.html

See you there

Carry On

Post imported post

Bump.

Still not sure if I'll make it or not, but it's hard to pass up free food! Have 2 papers to write this weekend. I hate school :P
    Logan - Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable
    Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP
    CC permits: MN, FL, NH, PA and CO

Member of:
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc., Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, and National Rifle Association

Banned

Post imported post

Wish you could make it Logan. It will be a great time.

Post imported post

Spartacus wrote:
    Thank you Hubert for allowing me to organize your birthday party.

For those of you who went to the Sussex event, you already know Hubert as the fine gentleman that has been giving his heart and soul to the cause and is one of the board of directors for Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

I have talked to Enrique, a friend of mine and owner of Fiesta Mexicana in the south side of La Crosse and he has given his wholehearted permission to allow open carry at his restaurant for Hubert's birthday party and to promote the principles of open carry, in which he is a believer.

The party will be at noon on Sunday, the 14th of March at 12:00 and it will be my pleasure to pay for everything. This means free food for all of you who can make it over to La Crosse with your loved ones at my expense as a way of thanking Hubert for all his efforts on behalf of our righteous cause.

Regrettably I will only be able to pay for food and soda and not tequila and beer... or your bail should you choose to drink said beverages.

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=fiesta+mexicana&fb=1&gl=us&hq= fiesta+mexicana&hnear=La+Crosse,+WI&cid=79 27835539355770703
    We are going to try to make it, but on the condition the gracious Spartacus will accept donations to cover the expense of the food. There aint no such thing as a free lunch.

The gesture is commendable, but I for one will fell better if I can contribute.
    If you fail to:
    Know your rights;
    Exercise your Liberty;
    and Teach Freedom;
    You are sure to lose it all.

Carry on; Carry Always

WCI Founders Club Member
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast