• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Big Party in LaCrosse...

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

Thank you Hubert for allowing me to organize your birthday party.

For those of you who went to the Sussex event, you already know Hubert as the fine gentleman that has been giving his heart and soul to the cause and is one of the board of directors for Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

I have talked to Enrique, a friend of mine and owner of Fiesta Mexicana in the south side of La Crosse and he has given his wholehearted permission to allow open carry at his restaurant for Hubert's birthday party and to promote the principles of open carry, in which he is a believer.

The party will be at noon on Sunday, the 14th of March at 12:00 and it will be my pleasure to pay for everything. This means free food for all of you who can make it over to La Crosse with your loved ones at my expense as a way of thanking Hubert for all his efforts on behalf of our righteous cause.

Regrettably I will only be able to pay for food and soda and not tequila and beer... or your bail should you choose to drink said beverages. :D

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?o...a&hnear=La+Crosse,+WI&cid=7927835539355770703

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

941.237(2)
(2) Whoever intentionally goes armed with a handgun on any premises for which a Class "B" or "Class B" license or permit has been issued under ch. 125 is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.

941.237(3)
(3) Subsection (2) does not apply to any of the following:

941.237(3)(g)
(g) The possession or use of a handgun on the premises if authorized for a specific event of limited duration by the owner or manager of the premises who is issued the Class "B" or "Class B" license or permit under ch. 125 for the premises.

In La Crosse County many restaurant/bar businesses host things like DU, Whitetails, Pheasants, or Turkey banquets. They have both long guns and handguns during these dinner events.

The statute is clear, this is for s specific event and a limited duration, PERFECTLY LEGAL.

I also remember a few of the guys from the Wisconsin Patriots commenting about OC in bar/restaurants with permission of the owner.

Nothing to reconsider at all.

Carry On.

Serpent

imported post

I'll definitely be there. My son may even come along. he's turning eighteen this weekend and has expressed an interest in OC. Would be good for him to have his first time in a group setting.

usaftrevor87

imported post

Hopefully i'll have my G19 back from the factory by then. But a holster would do just fine i suppose. I'm excited to meet some of you guys. Put the name to the face. Better ask off at work :? Take care

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

pvtschultz wrote:
I stand corrected! Carry on!

***I should go back and do a bit more statute reading/learning...*** :(
Please don't take it that way at all. That is what the forum is for, to cite legal source and help educate. Wisconsin's gun laws are so FUBAR that even the legislators don't know what's in them.

We encourage everybody to come here and learn. When we look at the Five OC prohibited places, there are "permission" exceptions to all of them.

M

McX

imported post

happy birthday hubert! so, you eligible for the senior citizen discount yet? PM me, and i will send you one of the coveted Mechanix Ltd. baseball hats.

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

Serpent wrote:
I'll definitely be there. My son may even come along. he's turning eighteen this weekend and has expressed an interest in OC. Would be good for him to have his first time in a group setting.
It will be good to meet your son. My 20 YO son will be here for the next few weeks but will be flying back to FL the day before the party.

protias

imported post

I wish I could attend, but I accepted a new job in another state.

Happy (early) birthday Hubert. :celebrate

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

protias wrote:

Lucky you...as long as it's not IL.

protias

imported post

logan wrote:
protias wrote:

Lucky you...as long as it's not IL.
I hate traveling through there, I couldn't live there. I'm moving to IN. :D

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

Now I have a tough decision to make.

I really wanted to get Mr. Pucci to allow me to set up a Wisconsin Carry Membership Drive table at the Rocco Memorial Gunshow in Eau Claire that same weekend.

Willthe local press invited or is this a private party?

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

:) I'll be there! How many people can attend? Just printed out the google information. Thanks!:celebrate

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

BROKENSPROKET wrote:
Now I have a tough decision to make.

I really wanted to get Mr. Pucci to allow me to set up a Wisconsin Carry Membership Drive table at the Rocco Memorial Gunshow in Eau Claire that same weekend.

Willthe local press invited or is this a private party?
Totally private unless they get wind of it. If Pucci treats you anything like he did Hubert, forget about it!

rcawdor, bring as many folks as you like... I'm buying.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

:celebrate Sounds great! I met Hubert a year or so ago (and again in Sussex last weekend) at his open carry event. He DESERVES our appreciation as does Jesus! It is a long drive from Kenosha but well worth it! I hope I can bring my youngest with me and I look forward to fighting for all of our freedoms!

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

It will be good to meet you CU. I hope everyone from the La Crosse area can come.

Its an easy choice for me. I always go for the .44 magnum to compensate for my inadequate manhood... :lol: