• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Beretta Storm CX4

Hendo

imported post

When I went to Young Kim's Run and Shoot shindig this last week I stayed and watched the AR etc shoot in the afternoon. Saw the CX4 up close for the first time and got pregnant then and there but like is often the case I just didn't realize it at the time.

On my next trip to West Coast Armory range in Bellevue they had one for rent and it's there that I tested positive.

Baby is due this coming Monday. The doctor was gunbroker.com and it was a healthy CX4/9mm/includes top rail/NIB/hard case for $649 plus fees and weighed in at 5 3/4 lbs. I will be shopping for eyeglasses (co-witness) and clothes and other goodies for the darlin at the next Puyallup show I think.

What is your story?

markallen

imported post

I've wanted one of these for the longest time. I just love the idea of being able to standardize on a single caliber. I came really close to pulling the trigger last weekend at Cabelas. Since my daily carry is a Kimber 1911, I will go the .45 route. Of course having 12K rounds in the safe doesn't hurt either!! :D

steble01

imported post

did the one you saw at the run and shoot shindig look anything like this????? ;) congrats on your purchase......i hope you love it as much as i love mine
P1020828.jpg

P1020821.jpg

Hendo

imported post

Yes it did. I am still in the long distance romance stage. I expect delivery this week. My girlfriend is already making eyes at it.

2nd best time - buying accessories!

Is that an eotech? Suggestions on optics?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

steble01 wrote:
did the one you saw at the run and shoot shindig look anything like this????? ;) congrats on your purchase......i hope you love it as much as i love mine

P1020821.jpg
Which EoTech is that, S01? How do you like it on the CX4?

steble01

imported post

Hendo wrote:
Yes it did. I am still in the long distance romance stage. I expect delivery this week. My girlfriend is already making eyes at it.

2nd best time - buying accessories!

Is that an eotech? Suggestions on optics?
Yes sir that would be an EOtech....that would be the same exact one you saw at the shoot.......I was the guy shooting it;) I wish I would have known you were that interested in it because I would have let you shoot it (I let 2 others play with it:cool:). My offer still stands with the green dot I have. You are more than welcome to play with it to see if you like a co witness setup. I can bring it along if we get together at the range. Did you have any luck finding stuff at the show???

HankT - That is an EOtech 512 with a GG&G lens cover. And I absolutely love it.

Complete list of mods-
EOtech 512 with GG&G lens cover
Full Beretta rail kit (top, sides, and bottom)
Midwest rail mounted sling adapter
Beretta factory short vertical grip
Specter SOP 3 point sling

steble01

imported post

20 round mags, and about half of what it costs to shoot .223........not to mention a LOT easier to clean and more dependable than an AR...and i can shoot at indoor ranges when its cold out.....i am happy with my "space gun":D

dont get me wrong, i love AR's as much as the next guy......but for just messing around and having fun......you cant beat the CX4

Hendo

imported post

You had the new shroud on it at the Kim shoot didn't you? Threw me off.

Now the new shround does not fit into the hard case - right? Wonder what Beretta was thinking. What did you do with your old one?
I have to wait for the Puyallup show later in March.

steble01

imported post

nope, same shroud as the one i sent you a link for. its the only one that fits in the factory hard case.....the factory silencer looking one doesnt......go figure:?

kito109654

imported post

steble01 wrote:
20 round mags, and about half of what it costs to shoot .223........not to mention a LOT easier to clean and more dependable than my ARs...and i can shoot at indoor ranges when its cold out.....i am happy with my "space gun":D

dont get me wrong, i love AR's as much as the next guy......but for just messing around and having fun......you cant beat the CX4
Fixed. :)

steble01

imported post

i dont want to get too deep into reliability issues with AR's......please tell me you own a CX4 and an AR to compare with before making that comment

Hendo

imported post

Okay,I am probably burned out looking at all the different websites and accesories.

Do you know ifthe previous factory shroud (EU00018) when installed if it fits in the case?

David.Car

imported post

steble01 wrote:
20 round mags, and about half of what it costs to shoot .223........not to mention a LOT easier to clean and more dependable than an AR...and i can shoot at indoor ranges when its cold out.....i am happy with my "space gun":D

So you have less rounds. You have a round traveling 2,000 fps less with only a third of the energy. I have no issues cleaning either rifle, one does not take me longer then the other.

steble01 wrote:
i dont want to get too deep into reliability issues with AR's......please tell me you own a CX4 and an AR to compare with before making that comment
I have an AR with over a thousand rounds with out so much as a hic-up. No jams. No fail to fire. No fail to feed.

I have no problem with you loving the rifle and having fun with it, but to try to compare it to a military platform rifle is comparing apples to your truck tires. They aren't even in the same genre.

steble01

imported post

David.Car wrote:
steble01 wrote:

So you have less rounds. You have a round traveling 2,000 fps less with only a third of the energy. I have no issues cleaning either rifle, one does not take me longer then the other.

steble01 wrote:
I have an AR with over a thousand rounds with out so much as a hic-up. No jams. No fail to fire. No fail to feed.

I have no problem with you loving the rifle and having fun with it, but to try to compare it to a military platform rifle is comparing apples to your truck tires. They aren't even in the same genre.
Please heed your own advice brother.....I have no problems with AR's......at all. The only thing I compared between the two was reliability issues and cost to shoot, which, I am sure you understand is a valid point to compare between any two rifles.

My first response was to answer the question about round capacity and expense of shooting........Am I not aloud to answer???? Of course its got less energy and distance. Thats a given when comparing pistol caliber cartridge to a rifle caliber.

I have cleaned both AR's and CX4's extensively. I can personally tell you that the CX4 will take a LOT less time and effort. But I suppose that is my own personal experience. Maybe after you own a CX4 and clean it versus your AR you can share your thoughts on which is easiest for you???

Not meaning to poke and prod either, but 1000 rounds is a proverbial blip in the life of a well cared for firearm. I am glad you have had no problems after 1000........thats the way any rifle, that is worth its salt, is supposed to be.

And I apologize if it seems I am out of line.......I just get tired of people generalizing and bashing guns they have never personally owned. We will just say that I have never met anyone who owns/owned a CX4 and has hated it. It is what it is, a good home defender (if you so choose) and an awesome range toy (which is why I have mine).

Hendo

imported post

Thanks Steble. No problem. I will get the one that fits in the case.

David.Car - speaking for me - the AR type is great for what it does. I like the CX4 because my primary need at this point is not a military platform rifle able to shoot 500 yards + and penetrate through 3 apartments and cost me a lot for ammo to practice.

I need a reliable defense weapon that will be effective up to 100 yards which for me iswell within 99% of my probable need and I can use inexpensive 9mm that matches my handgun ammo to practice, practice, practice.

They are different creatures and perfectly fit different needs.

David.Car

imported post

steble01 wrote:
David.Car wrote:
steble01 wrote:
Snip

steble01 wrote:
snip
Please heed your own advice brother.....I have no problems with AR's......at all. The only thing I compared between the two was reliability issues and cost to shoot, which, I am sure you understand is a valid point to compare between any two rifles.

My first response was to answer the question about round capacity and expense of shooting........Am I not aloud to answer???? Of course its got less energy and distance. Thats a given when comparing pistol caliber cartridge to a rifle caliber.

I have cleaned both AR's and CX4's extensively. I can personally tell you that the CX4 will take a LOT less time and effort. But I suppose that is my own personal experience. Maybe after you own a CX4 and clean it versus your AR you can share your thoughts on which is easiest for you???

Not meaning to poke and prod either, but 1000 rounds is a proverbial blip in the life of a well cared for firearm. I am glad you have had no problems after 1000........thats the way any rifle, that is worth its salt, is supposed to be.

And I apologize if it seems I am out of line.......I just get tired of people generalizing and bashing guns they have never personally owned. We will just say that I have never met anyone who owns/owned a CX4 and has hated it. It is what it is, a good home defender (if you so choose) and an awesome range toy (which is why I have mine).

First, I was simply responding to a post brought up by you in where you state that the Storm is a more reliable weapon platform then the AR-15. In which I state the facts about the different rifles ballistics and then remind you they are two completely different types of firearms.

If you simply had stated "It is a fun rifle that shoots cheaper ammo then most common rifle calibers and yes you can get extended mags that hold 20 rounds" then none of this would even come into play. But since you decided to make a remark about the reliability of a rifle that is nothing like the storm, I again state. Perhaps you should just refrain from making comparences that aren't even in the same genre.

For example: My BB gun is more reliable then your blow gun. That remark is stupid... Just like yours.

Moving on, yes I have dissasembled cleaned and reassembled both platforms a number of times. Considering they come apart in a very similar manner I have no idea how you can claim one is easier then the other. On both platforms you can seperate the upper from the lower with pins. Then with an AR you simply pull the bolt carrier out of the upper and with the storm you slide basically the whole firing chamber out of the upper... There really is very little cleaning difference at all.

As for round count, almost anyone involved with firearms will be able to tell you the most common occurence of failures will be during the so called break in period and then after the parts have been used to failure.

As one quite familiar withthe AR platform I can tell you the most common occurences of failure are ammunition and a failed magazine. If it is failing for any other reason it is most likely your fault for installing something incorrectly.

As for you being tired of people bashing other firearms, well ain't you just the worlds biggest hypocrite? Considering the beginning of any bashing in this thread, and in fact the only bashing I still see is you commenting that the Storm is a more reliable firearm platform then the AR-15.

Hendo: I never said anything negative about the Storm, it is a fun rifle. I would not rely on it as a home defense weapon simply because if I want a handgun caliber in the home I will go with a handgun, and if I want the benefits of a rifle I will go with an acutal rifle caliber.

As for wall penetration, remember that any round that will be effective on a human targetwill always penetrate through any interior walls.Also be aware that 9mm will penetrate just as far (or farther)as 00 buck in a shotgun. Check box o truth for demonstrations showing penetration of certain calibers on interior walls.

But as always use what you have and what you are most comfortable with.

And as to "They are different creatures and perfectly fit different needs." That is what I said in my first post before Mr. Uppity went off on his hissy fit.

Hendo

imported post

David.Car - honestly no need to overreact and call names. Agree to disagree not escalate and demean. Unknot those knickers - you'll speak in a lower voice.