• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Beretta Storm CX4

steble01

imported post

OHH Mr. Car - The bashing did not start with me. It started with a picture.......and you still haven't proved the point of reliability issues. We will just say that one of the two rifles in question has a questionable reliability reputation, especially when it is shrunk down to a 16 inch carbine version.

Again, I only compared the cost of ammo, and previously mentioned reliability rate. I did not once say that the CX4 is a better battle field rifle than the equivalent AR.....because it is not. That must be something you assumed I was saying.....and in that case I apologize if i wasnt clear enough.

You have correctly listed two of the most common causes of failure for the AR, ammo and mags......both of which DO NOT plague the CX4. You forgot to mention the 3rd which is the constant cleaning and lubrication required to keep your AR running which is another thing that does not plague the CX4.

Judging from your description of cleaning methods, I highly doubt you have spent any time cleaning a CX4. AR's and CX's DO NOT break down the same way at all. The AR requires removal of multiple pins as compared to the CX requiring the removal of only ONE. Upper and lower mate by sliding the top onto the bottom from the front on rails.

I remember mentioning that I love AR's probably as much as you do. I only brought up the reliability point, which by your own admission, is well know. How you consider that bashing is beyond me. Not to mention the fact that there is even an aftermarket for AR reliability fixes including piston conversion kits.

I figure ammo prices and reliability between two CARBINES is an appropriate comparison to discuss.....sorry you dont see it that way. I have refrained from calling people names and calling posts stupid.......you might want to reconsider your actions before calling me a hypocrite.

Hendo - I think you maybe making the best choice as far as the shroud goes. It is the cheapest and best looking version IMO. Those Beretta branded ones are real hard to find and they are pretty pricey.

Norman

imported post

That is one sweet looking carbine. Does it take beretta 92 magazines or does it need to take the PX mags?

EDIT: I would look for myself, I'm not that lazy, but I am at work and for some reason opencarry is one of the few "weapon" related sites I can view here.

Hendo

imported post

There are two basic versions taking either the PX4 or the 92 style mags. There are also inserts available to convert one to the other. The CX4 mags also fit the corresponding Beretta model handgun.

Bargains can be had from $500 used, depending on accesories, and from $650 new about.

steble01

imported post

Hendo hit the nail on the head........ The .45 model accepts 8045 Cougar mags;)