• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

City of Englewood Update

Lthrnck

imported post

Update on my Englewood suit...

It's on hold again. The City is HOPING.. the Ohio Supreme Court will side with the 8th District and say that 9.68 is not constitutional.

So much for swift justice..

Next meeting for my lawyer is middle of March.

xD.45Service

imported post

Thats why I try to stay clear of legal situations.. I always get screwed. (and I open carry... staying clear alright)

Are you going to be at the saturday meeting?

Lthrnck

imported post

As ofyesterday my case has been dissmissed for administrative reasons.

If the Ohio Supremes find 9.68 is a good law, then I can refile and according to the judges papers my date of filing will be set back to the orginal filing date which was 3/19/09. Also if the US Supremes find in favor of the 2nd then I can add that back into my suit.

My lawyer told me this is just administrative action to open up the judges docket so he can take some other cases until the Ohio Supremes act on 9.68.

When I win, then Englewood will be under the 9.68 requirements to pay my legal fees.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Lthrnck wrote:
As ofyesterday my case has been dissmissed for administrative reasons.

If the Ohio Supremes find 9.68 is a good law, then I can refile and according to the judges papers my date of filing will be set back to the orginal filing date which was 3/19/09. Also if the US Supremes find in favor of the 2nd then I can add that back into my suit.

My lawyer told me this is just administrative action to open up the judges docket so he can take some other cases until the Ohio Supremes act on 9.68.

When I win, then Englewood will be under the 9.68 requirements to pay my legal fees.
Quote - "When I Win" sounds like something a Marine would say.;) Once a marine, always a marine......

Lthrnck

Update

My lawyer has sent another letter to the City of Englewood.

He pointed out that EVERY SINGLE issue they tried to get this lawsuit thrown out, has been denied by the courts.

We already petitioned the courts and they have already place this back in the active case file.

So it's up to the City of Englewood again.

Not holding my breath.

Lthrnck

The waste of Taxpayers money continues.

Well the City of Englewood wants to continue to waste its Taxpayer's money and have not offered any type of settlement.

So the fight is on again..

Lthrnck

The wait continues...

The judge presiding over my case has throw out the City of Englewood's issue of the One Subject Rule... I guess they could hope that Cleveland challenges the One Subject ruling from the 8th District but at the moment we are moving forward.

Makarov

Keep going!

Hey Lthrnk,

keep the faith and press on! Sue the heck out of them so that their actions will not be repeated. Charge the law enforcement folks with violation of civil liberties while under colors. Make them pay for there transgressions! LOL