• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at Fire Mountain

S&W41mag

imported post

Being from Kernersville, I went by the Fire Mountain Restaurant today and talked to Walter, the manager. He was extremely nice and understanding, saying that he had worked in a Virginia Fire Mountain and that he had seen many OC persons there. He said that he would welcome anyone carrying in the Kernersville restaurant. I left a NC pamphlet with him in case he had any questions.

Before going to the restaurant, I stopped off at the Kernersville police department to feel them out on the subject. Again, the office I spoke to was extremely professional and courteous. He was aware of the OC dinner being held tonight, and said that although the residents of Kernersville were prone to call anytime they saw a firearm in the open, that as long as all laws were being followed, there would be no problem from anyone on the Kernersville force.

nobama

imported post

A friend of mine and I OC the evening I posted and had no problems. I would do it again. Good place to do it, alot of exposure.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

S&W41mag wrote:
Being from Kernersville, I went by the Fire Mountain Restaurant today and talked to Walter, the manager. He was extremely nice and understanding, saying that he had worked in a Virginia Fire Mountain and that he had seen many OC persons there. He said that he would welcome anyone carrying in the Kernersville restaurant. I left a NC pamphlet with him in case he had any questions.

Before going to the restaurant, I stopped off at the Kernersville police department to feel them out on the subject. Again, the office I spoke to was extremely professional and courteous. He was aware of the OC dinner being held tonight, and said that although the residents of Kernersville were prone to call anytime they saw a firearm in the open, that as long as all laws were being followed, there would be no problem from anyone on the Kernersville force.

I can't say I'm surprised they are aware of the meet, I just find it funny for some strange reason. I was wondering if local NC LEA's were scanning this forum and Meetup.com for any particular meets they may be interested in (or called in regards to) whether it was dealing with Open Carry or otherwise.

spydersmom

imported post

41mag - is the location of the Fire Mountain you're talking about 1180 South Main Street? I've been looking for somewhere to have a "girls' lunch" with my mom in the Triad area, but really want it to be very OC-friendly to help put her mind at ease. ;)

Thanks for any input.

tammy

S&W41mag

imported post

Yes, that's the address. It's on the road out front of the WalMart store. If you go, ask for Walter, the manager, and tell him you're there because of the restaurant's position on OC. I think that's the best thing we can do to foster good relations!

Another good restaurant would be Prissy Polly's Barbecue, at 729 Hwy. 66 South. In fact, there is an OC dinner there at 6 pm this evening.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

S&W41mag wrote:
Yes, that's the address. It's on the road out front of the WalMart store. If you go, ask for Walter, the manager, and tell him you're there because of the restaurant's position on OC. I think that's the best thing we can do to foster good relations!

Another good restaurant would be Prissy Polly's Barbecue, at 729 Hwy. 66 South. In fact, there is an OC dinner there at 6 pm this evening.
http://www.meetup.com/Triangle-Open-Carry/calendar/12699435/