• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Peopleofwalmart.com posts photo of open carrier in Texas.. kind of

Kelly Ash

imported post

GaryAdrian wrote:
She is probably an armed security guard. We do have those in Texas.

I dont think shes a Security Officer. SOs in Texas are required to be in full uniform if armed. If she was a SO she wouldnt be any more legal than anyone else OCing like that in Texas.

It looks more like shes a cadet at a police academy where the academy require the cadets to be armed at all times. Alot of deparetments require their officers to be armed at all times also.

GaryAdrian

imported post

Maybe so, but in Harris Co. cadets are not allowed to carry.

I wonder if this is Texas for sure. She maybe in Louisiana?

DocNTexas

imported post

Peopleofwalmart.com is more interested in comical situations than accuracy and they merely take the word of the photo submitter as to the facts of the photo, thus, this might or might not be Texas. Personally, I have no problem believing this is a Texas officer, given some I know, and what Iam fairly sure of is that this IS acommissioned LEO and not a cadet, security officer or simply someone open carrying. As others pointed out, security officers in Texas must be in a distinct uniform to carry as such. LE cadets in Texas cannot carry as such either, because they are not commissioned yet and only commissioned officers can carry. Cadets only carry on academy grounds during training. Finally, this person has a full duty belt on, complete with handcuff case, which says she is a LEO. Now, while there is no law in Texas that requires a commissioned officer to carry while off duty, almost every department does require their officers to do so, therefore, I surmise this is an off duty officer (from a less than professional department) that for whatever reason was too lazy to get dressed appropriately for her outing and the duty belt was the easiest way to carry the weapon with the given attire. Guess all her purses clashed with her house-shoes. Very said where ever it is and I hope her boss found out andreprimanded her for it!

Doc

Kelly Ash

imported post

I agree that if she is LE she needs a reprimand and some retraining. It certainly makes whatever agency shes with look shoddy. I've met some very squared away officers in Dallas but I wouldnt be surprised to find out this was Dallas.