Thread: Alabama HB2

Post imported post

Does anyone know the status of this bill? I seem to be having issues with the ALISON web site.

This is the bill to legalize SBR and SB'S in Alabama.

Post imported post

ALISON reports that the Bill, SR 2, has currently been amended to comply with National Requirements for Sawed-off Rifles and Sawed-off Shotguns.

SB 2, is no longer revised Repealed, however, instead, is , through Legislature Engrosement of The Alabama Legislature, revised to read:

13A-11-63 Short-barreled Rifles and Short-barreled Shotguns

(a) A Person who obtains, sells, or posseses a Short-barreled Rifle or Short-barreled Shotgunin Violation of Federal Law is Guilty of a Class C Felony.

(b) This Code Section does not apply to a Peace Officer who owns, maintains, obtains, sells, posseses, or uses a Short-barreled Rifle or Short-barreled Shotgun in the course of His Official Duties aLaw Enforcement Officer.

*The Act becomes Law upon its passage threemonths after its enactment, or otherwise, as provided under Alabama State Code 1975.*

ALISON sometimes likes to take breaks, as I have had the problem myself.

Post imported post

Any idea when or if this might hit the Gov. desk for signature. Frankly for home defense I would rather have a short barreled shotgun than a pistol.