Thread: NRA Speaks about Starbucks & Brady...but NOT Open Carry

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

Here's a link to an article from the NRA. It talks about the Bradys and Starbucks, but fails to mention the open carry movement. Their silence is deafening!

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/read.aspx?id=5367
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Post imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
    Here's a link to an article from the NRA. It talks about the Bradys and Starbucks, but fails to mention the open carry movement. Their silence is deafening!

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/read.aspx?id=5367
    LOL at the "hand-wringers"
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Post imported post

The NRA is not as Pro-Gun as what it has lead some to believe!

Post imported post

The NRA is not as Pro-Gun as what it has lead some to believe!

Post imported post

NRA has it's place in the fight and do do a lot of good. I'd rather have them involved in this media fight however they choose rather then not at all!

Post imported post

haha ive had a few people from a few different gun shops here in San Diego say that the NRA looks at all the issues were having here in CA as "white noise" like we dont really matter or something like that.

i guess we(open carriers) are just the red headed step child(no offense to any actual red headed step child readers):celebrate

Post imported post

leoffensive wrote:
    haha ive had a few people from a few different gun shops here in San Diego say that the NRA looks at all the issues were having here in CA as "white noise" like we dont really matter or something like that.

i guess we(open carriers) are just the red headed step child(no offense to any actual red headed step child readers):celebrate
    No, the NRA just does not want to mention open carry because it would weaken their argument to the majority (their main audience they want to reach).

The article is trying to get across the point that ones own safety is more important than some irrational fear of guns. The article does a good job at minimizing that fear to include a few bradymorons afraid of those big bad guns. If they mentioned open carry they would have lost a lot of support for their argument since the 'fear' is now more broad and could be felt by many more some-what morons instead of the few full blown brady morons.

It was a tactile decision although I wish they would have mentioned open carry at least. Since we are the reason they even have an article to create to scoff at the Brady Campaign with... they could have shot over some credit. :?

Post imported post

Carry, OpenCarry, Concealed Carry, Car Carry. All the same in my opinion. They all should be options and the only discussion is if OpenCarry is appropriate or goes well with a tux.

Post imported post

cato wrote:
    NRA has it's place in the fight and do do a lot of good. I'd rather have them involved in this media fight however they choose rather then not at all!
    Agreed. Politically, open carry is the third rail to 'mainstream' gun rights. In time, OC will come into its own, with or without the NRA and Calguns.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
    cato wrote:
    Agreed. Politically, open carry is the third rail to 'mainstream' gun rights. In time, OC will come into its own, with or without the NRA and Calguns.
    Only because politically our elected representatives are a bunch of weenies...on all sides of the aisle.
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Post imported post

For the record, I've always been a huge fan of tactile decisions.