• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA Speaks about Starbucks & Brady...but NOT Open Carry

aadvark

imported post

The NRA is not as Pro-Gun as what it has lead some to believe!

aadvark

imported post

The NRA is not as Pro-Gun as what it has lead some to believe!

cato

imported post

NRA has it's place in the fight and do do a lot of good. I'd rather have them involved in this media fight however they choose rather then not at all!

leoffensive

imported post

haha ive had a few people from a few different gun shops here in San Diego say that the NRA looks at all the issues were having here in CA as "white noise" like we dont really matter or something like that.

i guess we(open carriers) are just the red headed step child(no offense to any actual red headed step child readers):celebrate

Streetbikerr6

imported post

leoffensive wrote:
haha ive had a few people from a few different gun shops here in San Diego say that the NRA looks at all the issues were having here in CA as "white noise" like we dont really matter or something like that.

i guess we(open carriers) are just the red headed step child(no offense to any actual red headed step child readers):celebrate

No, the NRA just does not want to mention open carry because it would weaken their argument to the majority (their main audience they want to reach).

The article is trying to get across the point that ones own safety is more important than some irrational fear of guns. The article does a good job at minimizing that fear to include a few bradymorons afraid of those big bad guns. If they mentioned open carry they would have lost a lot of support for their argument since the 'fear' is now more broad and could be felt by many more some-what morons instead of the few full blown brady morons.

It was a tactile decision although I wish they would have mentioned open carry at least. Since we are the reason they even have an article to create to scoff at the Brady Campaign with... they could have shot over some credit. :?

Pace

imported post

Carry, OpenCarry, Concealed Carry, Car Carry. All the same in my opinion. They all should be options and the only discussion is if OpenCarry is appropriate or goes well with a tux.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

cato wrote:
NRA has it's place in the fight and do do a lot of good. I'd rather have them involved in this media fight however they choose rather then not at all!
Agreed. Politically, open carry is the third rail to 'mainstream' gun rights. In time, OC will come into its own, with or without the NRA and Calguns.

coolusername2007

imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
cato wrote:
Agreed. Politically, open carry is the third rail to 'mainstream' gun rights. In time, OC will come into its own, with or without the NRA and Calguns.
Only because politically our elected representatives are a bunch of weenies...on all sides of the aisle.