• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Here's one I went through. Opinions please.

Bailenforcer

imported post

Ok to be fair lol I also have a German Shepard import from Germany.

these two are my early warning system. In Detroit theres a 7 man crew who's been doing armed violent home invasions. My dogs would slow the thugs down long enough for me to get the Benneili M1 Tactical or HK 91 and make a mess.

Hombre

Banned
imported post

Bailenforcer wrote:
Ok to be fair lol I also have a German Shepard import from Germany.

these two are my early warning system. In Detroit theres a 7 man crew who's been doing armed violent home invasions. My dogs would slow the thugs down long enough for me to get the Benneili M1 Tactical or HK 91 and make a mess.
Nice looking German Shepherd.

7th District

imported post

T Vance wrote:
Thanks.

Our female (with the brown patch over eye) used to destroy the house when we left. Thus the reason we got our second Boxer. It solved the problem.
This is a photo of our female boxer that we got to keep ourother boxercompany.

Bubba1.jpg

steve

imported post

lol ok you talked me in to it...They are both those oh so awful pit bull's, well I guess they would be awful if you were attacking me or the family..

100_2757.jpg

100_2766.jpg

DanM

imported post

From an emotional standpoint, you dealt with it well. Kept yourself in control, and you didn't do anything to escalate. From a tactical standpoint, I have something for you to consider.

It is tactically better to be outside of a stoppedcar rather than inside it, if a threat is in the immediate vicinity and potentially targeting you. It is best to exit the vehicle, if you have the time,preferably keeping the car between you and the potential threat. The main disadvantage of remaining seated in your car is lack of mobility. You are literally a "sitting" duck.

In this case, it would have been tactically best to exit your vehicle in the quickest manner possible toget it between you and the potentialthreat. Then, maintain a position ofcover and keep the threat in sight. The way this guy was acting, as reported by you, I would have felt my life was in danger to a level of possibility that I would have exited my vehicle, taken cover with hand on my holstered weapon, and dialed 911.

malignity

imported post

Personally, I wouldn't point my gun at anything I don't absolutely 100% don't intend to kill. I might take it out and keep it pointed at the ground if I am absolutely sure I may have to defend my life, but I know for certain that I can raise my firearm to aiming level much faster than someone can get out of their car.

Problems I can see with this scenario:

1.) You could have easily been charged with brandishing or, even a stretch, attempted felonious assault had someone called 911. (A Jim Simmons favorite)

2.) Any Anti can say "I have video proof I recorded on my phone and posted on YouTube that this gentleman was walking around pointing a gun at people." Personally, I try desperately not provide evidence that can be used against me and/or out of context. I'm sure anyone newly approaching the scene that could have saw this would be more apt to scream MWAG to the local authorities if the gun is pointed at someone, let alone just at the ground, when a man is screaming profanities.

3.) Just for fun: they don't use straight jackets anymore. :) (I work at a Psychiatric hospital and do weekly take downs from Macomb County's finest. Four point restraints and Haldol 5mg, Ativan 2mg in an injection often do the trick to even the biggest and baddest.) I will say though, that I've definitely had my share of idiots go off on me for no reason. Chances are, they got escalated in the bar, and thought better of it, and decided to act like an orangutan outside rather than inside, and you just got the brunt of it.

wally1120

imported post

T Vance wrote:
I love Pitbulls. I've NEVER met a mean to this day.

Here is are other Boxer. People often ask if she's a Pitbull.

s30316983_34714690_6712.jpg

lookingatya.jpg

camerapictures099.jpg

camerapictures095.jpg

Bs5thKswedding003.jpg
I wish I could post a pic of a couple of my dogs, Especially Lil Lilly. But Onyz, and BB or pretty cool dogs, Just wish mine would go and be calm like that for a picture.

Bailenforcer

imported post

DanM wrote:
From an emotional standpoint, you dealt with it well. Kept yourself in control, and you didn't do anything to escalate. From a tactical standpoint, I have something for you to consider.

It is tactically better to be outside of a stoppedcar rather than inside it, if a threat is in the immediate vicinity and potentially targeting you. It is best to exit the vehicle, if you have the time,preferably keeping the car between you and the potential threat. The main disadvantage of remaining seated in your car is lack of mobility. You are literally a "sitting" duck.

In this case, it would have been tactically best to exit your vehicle in the quickest manner possible toget it between you and the potentialthreat. Then, maintain a position ofcover and keep the threat in sight. The way this guy was acting, as reported by you, I would have felt my life was in danger to a level of possibility that I would have exited my vehicle, taken cover with hand on my holstered weapon, and dialed 911.
I noted that in another post, but since he was only 6 feet away my exiting the car in his direction would have escalated him to violence I am sure. He was looking for a victim to pounce on and some well dressed type looked good for him. Tactically If I was not driving a new Impala I could have exited another door maybe, but like I said I would be the house my coming at him Per Se' would have gone violent. He was looking for just that. At 6 feet if he had even flinched he would have gained 125 grains x 6 (357 magnum) and then 115 grains x 15 (Corbons) if the Browning 9MM was needed.

Bailenforcer

imported post

malignity wrote:
Personally, I wouldn't point my gun at anything I don't absolutely 100% don't intend to kill. I might take it out and keep it pointed at the ground if I am absolutely sure I may have to defend my life, but I know for certain that I can raise my firearm to aiming level much faster than someone can get out of their car.

1.) You could have easily been charged with brandishing or, even a stretch, attempted felonious assault had someone called 911. (A Jim Simmons favorite)

2.) Any Anti can say "I have video proof I recorded on my phone and posted on YouTube that this gentleman was walking around pointing a gun at people." Personally, I try desperately not provide evidence that can be used against me and/or out of context. I'm sure anyone newly approaching the scene that could have saw this would be more apt to scream MWAG to the local authorities if the gun is pointed at someone, let alone just at the ground, when a man is screaming profanities.

3.) Just for fun: they don't use straight jackets anymore. :) (I work at a Psychiatric hospital and do weekly take downs from Macomb County's finest. Four point restraints and Haldol 5mg, Ativan 2mg in an injection often do the trick to even the biggest and baddest.) I will say though, that I've definitely had my share of idiots go off on me for no reason. Chances are, they got escalated in the bar, and thought better of it, and decided to act like an orangutan outside rather than inside, and you just got the brunt of it.
I have faced many of his type, he was sporting for violence and my smile during the whole encounter may have unerved him. He looked experienced enough to know when a man is smiling he might have something up his sleeve.

No problem brandishing as NO ONE could have seen it. Tinted windows and no one was close enough coupled with my windbreaker covering it and it was below the window.

You might have read my references working at Ypsilanti and Detroit Psych....

Bailenforcer

imported post

malignity wrote:

As far as pointing the weapon, Oh my intentions were 100% I was going home, even if he wasn't.

Bailenforcer

imported post

malignity wrote:
Detroit psych eh?

Which hospital? I worked St. John Main psych for about 2-3 years.
Detroit Pychiactric Institutue off the Lodge and Taylor... If it's still there?