• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Here's one I went through. Opinions please.

Bailenforcer

imported post

I was waiting for a Pizza in Petoskey right on Mitchell street. I got there ten minutes too early, and was parallel parked in front of the Grain Train parking lot on the street. My Pit Bull was in the car with me and I suspect this is why it didn't escalate. I saw what appeared to be an enraged bearded biker type leave the Grain Train walking fast to his mini van 3 cars in front of me also parallel parked. He gets in and suddenly I se the mini come flying backwards at a high rate of speed then suddenly cut his wheel like some movie reverse 180 stunt. At this point he stops less than 6 feet from my drivers window facing the other direction and starts mother F^%$#ing me in a screaming voice to the point everyone was staring at him. Things like "I will kill your motherF%$KING A$$ and the like, while growing more agitated and you could literally see the veins popping out in his now red face. Those who have dealt with criminally insane will know what I mean when I state this man was defiantly in need of a straight jacket. He for over 2 minutes to the point there was well over 20 people watching this freak show. Within the first few seconds I already had my Model 19 Smith & Wesson snubbie out and pointing at him just below the window where he had no idea I was armed. I wasn't taking any chances. He opened his door saying I was a dead man and threatened me more and all I could do is smile. Yes it's a bad habit I have to smile when danger is imminent, done it as a child even. Finally he stops makes one final threat against my life then floors the mini van and leaves. Turns into the street behind my car and seconds later0 comes back to the stop sign. I watched him in the mirror then he after another 30 seconds of screaming inside his van leaves. Frankly it was the strangest experience I ever had. I suspect he is an out patient at Lockwood McDonald mental facility in town.

I tried to not agitate him or engage in a shouting match because he was obviously a mental and I didn't need the Police asking why I escalated things if a shooting happened. Had he came and pulled my door open it would have been a bad day for him. He was a pretty huge man and his demeanor and renegade biker mentality demonstrated it would have been violent. I suspect the Grain Train didn’t have his favorite brand of Tofu and he was pretty upset.

Would you have handled it any other way? Opinions welcomed and yea when I face danger I often smile at the aggressor and I have no idea why. It’s a subconscious reaction.

Yes my pit bull as sweet as he is, hates Bikers and State Cops, I have no idea why, so it would have gotten messy even if I was unarmed. No the dog doesn't mind any other cops, it's just Michigan State Police, I suspect it's their uniforms.

I await the opinions.

Bailenforcer

imported post

Michigander wrote:
Sounds like a messed up situation that you handled well.

Also, that's one cute dog you have.
It was really strange. I am no stranger to the mentally unstable. I worked at Ypsilanti Reagional Psychiatric and Detroit Psychiactric Hospitals years ago and seen the same types. I did my best to not egg him on to get himself into a deadly encounter. I was basically trapped in the coffin/car because it happened so fact and quickly getting the gun in ready was my only option. If I had exited the car he would have seen that as license to attack.

Thanks the dog was a rescue and after 8 years he has proven himself a sweet gentle dog. .

Bailenforcer

imported post

T Vance wrote:
That's a pitbull? Looks like one of my Boxer's.

s30316983_34714664_7579.jpg

s30316983_34714536_3708.jpg

nyx-sad.jpg

Image005.jpg

Image000.jpg

Bs5thKswedding052.jpg
he's a registered APBT. American Pit Bull Terrier. If you look you will see the difference in the head.

Bailenforcer

imported post

T Vance wrote:
It looks like a Boxer/Pit mix
I asked the vet the same question and was told he's a pit. I had wondered but...

All I know he's feircly loyal, and adores everyone gets giddish around children and like all other animals. It's the Biker in colors thing I find odd, probably a prior experience...

Bailenforcer

imported post

Note the AR Carbine next to him in the other picture.

This picture is odd, I tried on a gas mask then he insisted he stick his face in it so I held it and he placed his mug in the mask looked through the eye holes. The kids used to dress him up and he would wear sunglasses and not shake them off, he would just look through the lenses and walk around. He's quite a clown. I have had several German Shepard Schutzhunds and this one trumps them all. Best Dog I ever had.

Bailenforcer

imported post

T Vance wrote:

s30316983_34714664_7579.jpg

s30316983_34714536_3708.jpg

nyx-sad.jpg

Image005.jpg

Image000.jpg

Bs5thKswedding052.jpg
I was trying to find a good picture but his head is disproportionaltly large compared to his body. I notice your dogs have a normal head to body size relationship. Nice looking dogs you have.

manicdevery

imported post

I am unsure as to why this man became so agitatedtowards you in the first placebut as far as how you handled it i would say well done. i am much more worried about my dog going off than my gun going off. love these pictures of dogs aswell as my Girlfriend did. i will have to post a couple of mine when i get home.

Devery

7th District

imported post

Bailenforcer wrote:
No the dog doesn't mind any other cops, it's just Michigan State Police, I suspect it's their uniforms.

I'd bet that it's the hat. There aren't to many other LE agencies that still regularly wear a hat as part of their daily uniform.

Bailenforcer

imported post

manicdevery wrote:
I am unsure as to why this man became so agitatedtowards you in the first placebut as far as how you handled it i would say well done. i am much more worried about my dog going off than my gun going off. love these pictures of dogs aswell as my Girlfriend did. i will have to post a couple of mine when i get home.

Devery
To be honest he was that thug biker type and I was just there. I think because his reverse 180 came close to hitting my car and when he stopped he was literally a few feet away from me looking right at me, he found a convienient person to lash out at.

Bailenforcer

imported post

7th District wrote:
Bailenforcer wrote:
No the dog doesn't mind any other cops, it's just Michigan State Police, I suspect it's their uniforms.

I'd bet that it's the hat. There aren't to many other LE agencies that still regularly wear a hat as part of their daily uniform.
You may be on to something, and the Bikers with the helmets getting off the motorcycles as well. Good point. Thanks..

7th District

imported post

My wife and I have always had at least one boxer in the house, and as many as three at one time. This is a photo of our first boxer who we were fortunate to have with us for almost 12 years.

Dukeasapuppy.jpg

Bailenforcer

imported post

7th District wrote:
My wife and I have always had at least one boxer in the house, and as many as three at one time. This is a photo of our first boxer who we were fortunate to have with us for almost 12 years.

Dukeasapuppy.jpg
Adorable!

When mine goes it will be alike loosing a friend and child. It will be a dark day for me.

7th District

imported post

Bailenforcer wrote:
7th District wrote:

Dukeasapuppy.jpg
Adorable!

When mine goes it will be alike loosing a friend and child. It will be a dark day for me.
Thanks.

Yes that last drive to the vets was the hardest thing I've ever done. We couldn't have asked for a better dog. He was very protective of my wife. He was the dog in the house that an intruder would have had to put down before they could've gotten to my wife. We still miss him a lot to this day.

Dukeheadshot.jpg

7th District

imported post

T Vance wrote:

nyx-sad.jpg

Image005.jpg
I love Pitbulls. I've NEVER met a mean to this day.

Here is are other Boxer. People often ask if she's a Pitbull.

s30316983_34714690_6712.jpg

camerapictures095.jpg

Great looking boxers T. It wasn't long after we got our first that we discovered that he had separation anxiety when we left the house. So we got a second boxer to keep him company, and it helped him cope when we were gone.