• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Utah non-resident CCW

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Just checking reciprocity (over-all) and Utah seems to cover more bases than any other state at present. 'Seems easy enough to obtain. I have an AZ CWP so it's a no-brainer. 'Looks like some states require some sort of permit to OC and AZ isn't on their receprocity list. Oh well... thinkin' out loud. 'Like chicken soup... it 'can't hurt'.

.45acp

imported post

Rebel,

Utah requires a CCW to open carry with one in the pipe. Sans CCW, OC Utah unloaded (2 empty chambers on a revolver, or loaded mag and empty chamber in autos) is legal.

I have a Utah CCW.

Steve

Pace

imported post

it's because some people feel that AZ CCW is too lax, doesn't require proficiency test.

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Just checking reciprocity (over-all) and Utah seems to cover more bases than any other state at present. 'Seems easy enough to obtain. I have an AZ CWP so it's a no-brainer. 'Looks like some states require some sort of permit to OC and AZ isn't on their receprocity list. Oh well... thinkin' out loud. 'Like chicken soup... it 'can't hurt'.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Pace wrote:
it's because some people feel that AZ CCW is too lax, doesn't require proficiency test.

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Yeah it do! 10 rounds @ 40'. BTDT!