Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Whats with all the violence involving guns lately?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Merced County, ,
    Posts
    6

    Post imported post

    I know its common and its up to the media on what they report but man. Fresno, colorado and now washington? Its only gonna make things moredifficult for open carriers. Its weird, in the last 4 days i've talked to 3 different Leo's about UOC. 1 said it was illegal because it was brandishing, 2 said he would detain and investigate the hell out of a guy he found doing it and the 3rd (chp) never heard about? I didnt have an in depth discussion with these guys because it was obvious they were the typical govt. workers you run into that have the attitide of "dont bother me or ask me to do work." Im starting to get worried about this and i havent even started! Whats your guy's take on all this? In the type of work i do, i cant have any type of gun charge or i cant work. And explaining the situation and getting it overlooked would be time consuming and possibly jeopardize potential employment. Jaime

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Folsom, , USA
    Posts
    389

    Post imported post

    jaime7818 wrote:
    I know its common and its up to the media on what they report but man. Fresno, colorado and now washington? Its only gonna make things moredifficult for open carriers. Its weird, in the last 4 days i've talked to 3 different Leo's about UOC. 1 said it was illegal because it was brandishing, 2 said he would detain and investigate the hell out of a guy he found doing it and the 3rd (chp) never heard about? I didnt have an in depth discussion with these guys because it was obvious they were the typical govt. workers you run into that have the attitide of "dont bother me or ask me to do work." Im starting to get worried about this and i havent even started! Whats your guy's take on all this? In the type of work i do, i cant have any type of gun charge or i cant work. And explaining the situation and getting it overlooked would be time consuming and possibly jeopardize potential employment. Jaime


    Your argument is somewhat flawed and hopefully this analogy can help..

    Rats are a huge problem..right? Nobody wants rats.. and nobody wishes a rat infestation on an innocent person.The more rats.. the more reason for an exterminator so they can defend against rats.

    Now.. gun violence is a huge problem.. right? Nobody wants gun violence.. and nobody wishesgun violenceon an innocent person.The more gun violence.. the more reason for open carry so we can defend against gun violence.

    As for your gun charge, open carry is on shaky ground since the 2nd is not yet incorporated in Cali. Which is why many here will tell you to hold off on open carry. You hold the risk until we win our 2nd amendment here. You are responsible for having enough money to pay for a lawyer. So its really up to you, friend.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,140

    Post imported post

    Both of you guys are wrong, but only one is a troll.

    There is no more violence with guns than usual, there is just the media reporting certain things. The media doesn't report all the gang-bangers who kill innocents in chicago.

  4. #4
    State Pioneer ConditionThree's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shasta County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,231

    Post imported post

    Pace wrote:
    Both of you guys are wrong, but only one is a troll.

    There is no more violence with guns than usual, there is just the media reporting certain things. The media doesn't report all the gang-bangers who kill innocents in chicago.
    I dont know whether one of them is a troll or not, but your comment about gun violence is accurate. The focus of the media is on murder, not how violence with or without a gun is thwarted with men and women with guns.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

    NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW


    Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Merced County, ,
    Posts
    6

    Post imported post

    Troll?

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Salem, Oregon
    Posts
    94

    Post imported post

    Your local news venue apparently does not report on Oakland, Richmond, Vallejo or San Francisco or you would be more aware of everyday gun violence. Of course Chicago, New York and others make their contributions as well. Just about any place where responsible citizens are denied use of firearms.

    Bad guys be bad guys and they don't take a break. Those turkeys in Fresno et al have criminal records and were not the average responsible open carrier. So what's the surprise?

    Brandishing means to handle a firearm in a manner that is threatening. This does not include holstered weapons except by the Brady bunch. What ninnies like the Brady bunch consider threatening is just their agenda driven hysteria and not a threat under the law.

  7. #7
    Newbie cato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    2,335

    Post imported post

    Whats with all the violence in the world?



    Peace out dudes:

  8. #8
    Regular Member Mike Hunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Pedro, CA, California, USA
    Posts
    293

    Post imported post

    Dangit Cato, you scared us with that!:what:

  9. #9
    Newbie cato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    2,335

    Post imported post

    Just look at it for about 30 seconds. It has a lot of levels. Actually it's pretty interesting as a piece of art.

  10. #10
    Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Temecula, California, USA
    Posts
    1,660

    Post imported post

    That's just creepy. I can barely look at it.
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

  11. #11
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,616

    Post imported post

    jaime7818 wrote:
    Troll?
    I don't see that description fitting you - just new and uninformed. Suggest you lurk a bit and get the feeling of what is going on here. Not everyone is so sensitive to newby's questions.

    [line]
    In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1][/sup] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Vista, California, USA
    Posts
    516

    Post imported post

    coolusername2007 wrote:
    That's just creepy. I can barely look at it.
    He better get that rash taken care of...or Biden will be promoted.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Merced County, ,
    Posts
    6

    Post imported post

    Im not a troll guys. Just looking at the big picture for myself. Still learning. Thanks for the responses and that picture of the anointed one is creepy....

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Buffalo Gap, South Dakota, USA
    Posts
    193

    Post imported post

    IMHO, this is an important topic because due to the economy and all the people hurting, and driven by pressures to do desperate things, there are increasing acts of violence throughout society and in each state -

    Reducing gun violence is the stated goal of the Brady Bunch, LCAV and the gun control/antis community.

    Reducing gun violence is also the stated goal of people who carry, OC or CC.

    There is this dis-connect kind of like between people who believe in God and those who don't - they just can't get started on certain conversations because their respective starting points are mutually exclusive.

    In South Dakota, where pretty much everyone has a gun, and we have widespread carrying (usually concealed), we have the 5th lowest crime rate in the US. There are rare instances of gun violence but if the antis view were correct, SD would be teeming with gun violence because there are so many guns and so many people have them.

    I do believe that an armed society is a polite society and that people are way less likely to engage in the kind of conduct that eventually leads to gun violence when they live in an armed society.

    I like it the South Dakota way, personally.


  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Modesto, CA, California, USA
    Posts
    111

    Post imported post

    Ca Patriot wrote:
    Violent crime in America is down almost 50% in the last 10 years. That includes gun violence.
    Please cite your source for such information...
    Thanks.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Escondido, California, USA
    Posts
    1,140

    Post imported post

    I am trying to find out if the arterial system depicted in that pic is anatomically correct...

  17. #17
    Regular Member Statesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    949

    Post imported post

    jaime7818 wrote:
    I know its common and its up to the media on what they report but man. Fresno, colorado and now washington? Its only gonna make things moredifficult for open carriers. Its weird, in the last 4 days i've talked to 3 different Leo's about UOC. 1 said it was illegal because it was brandishing, 2 said he would detain and investigate the hell out of a guy he found doing it and the 3rd (chp) never heard about? I didnt have an in depth discussion with these guys because it was obvious they were the typical govt. workers you run into that have the attitide of "dont bother me or ask me to do work." Im starting to get worried about this and i havent even started! Whats your guy's take on all this? In the type of work i do, i cant have any type of gun charge or i cant work. And explaining the situation and getting it overlooked would be time consuming and possibly jeopardize potential employment. Jaime
    Open Carriers are not the ones commiting gun crimes. Criminals always conceal their firearms prior to committing criminal acts with them. People who legally open carry are being open and honest about the fact that they are armed, but that doesn't make them a murderer.

    Recent eventsshould have no impact on open carriers, unless one has been inflicted with the mental disease known asBCGGHDS (the Brady Campaign for Global Genocide Hoplophobic Derrangment Syndrome).

    Those afflicted with this condition can generally be cured by watching "Innocents Betrayed" on youtube.

    www.innocentsbetrayed.com

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hayward, Ca, ,
    Posts
    42

    Post imported post

    I say its the Brady bunch behind all the gun violence, so they have something to bitch about.

  19. #19
    Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Temecula, California, USA
    Posts
    1,660

    Post imported post

    pullnshoot25 wrote:
    I am trying to find out if the arterial system depicted in that pic is anatomically correct...
    Not too far off...an artistic representation of the real deal. Major venous and arterial pathways can be seen here... http://sparkcharts.sparknotes.com/he.../section17.php


    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Diego County, CA, California, USA
    Posts
    1,402

    Post imported post

    RaycerX96 wrote:
    I say its the Brady bunch behind all the gun violence, so they have something to bitch about.
    Since all the laws they push seem to benefit criminals by disarming their victims, that's a fair assessment.

    Though I wouldn't put it past them to actually recruit members as they step out of prison.

    criminalsforguncontrol.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •