• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whats with all the violence involving guns lately?

jaime7818

imported post

I know its common and its up to the media on what they report but man. Fresno, colorado and now washington? Its only gonna make things moredifficult for open carriers. Its weird, in the last 4 days i've talked to 3 different Leo's about UOC. 1 said it was illegal because it was brandishing, 2 said he would detain and investigate the hell out of a guy he found doing it and the 3rd (chp) never heard about? I didnt have an in depth discussion with these guys because it was obvious they were the typical govt. workers you run into that have the attitide of "dont bother me or ask me to do work." Im starting to get worried about this and i havent even started! Whats your guy's take on all this? In the type of work i do, i cant have any type of gun charge or i cant work. And explaining the situation and getting it overlooked would be time consuming and possibly jeopardize potential employment. Jaime

Streetbikerr6

imported post

jaime7818 wrote:
I know its common and its up to the media on what they report but man. Fresno, colorado and now washington? Its only gonna make things moredifficult for open carriers. Its weird, in the last 4 days i've talked to 3 different Leo's about UOC. 1 said it was illegal because it was brandishing, 2 said he would detain and investigate the hell out of a guy he found doing it and the 3rd (chp) never heard about? I didnt have an in depth discussion with these guys because it was obvious they were the typical govt. workers you run into that have the attitide of "dont bother me or ask me to do work." Im starting to get worried about this and i havent even started! Whats your guy's take on all this? In the type of work i do, i cant have any type of gun charge or i cant work. And explaining the situation and getting it overlooked would be time consuming and possibly jeopardize potential employment. Jaime

Your argument is somewhat flawed and hopefully this analogy can help..

Rats are a huge problem..right? Nobody wants rats.. and nobody wishes a rat infestation on an innocent person.The more rats.. the more reason for an exterminator so they can defend against rats.

Now.. gun violence is a huge problem.. right? Nobody wants gun violence.. and nobody wishesgun violenceon an innocent person.The more gun violence.. the more reason for open carry so we can defend against gun violence.

As for your gun charge, open carry is on shaky ground since the 2nd is not yet incorporated in Cali. Which is why many here will tell you to hold off on open carry. You hold the risk until we win our 2nd amendment here. You are responsible for having enough money to pay for a lawyer. So its really up to you, friend.

Pace

imported post

Both of you guys are wrong, but only one is a troll.

There is no more violence with guns than usual, there is just the media reporting certain things. The media doesn't report all the gang-bangers who kill innocents in chicago.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

Pace wrote:
Both of you guys are wrong, but only one is a troll.

There is no more violence with guns than usual, there is just the media reporting certain things. The media doesn't report all the gang-bangers who kill innocents in chicago.
I dont know whether one of them is a troll or not, but your comment about gun violence is accurate. The focus of the media is on murder, not how violence with or without a gun is thwarted with men and women with guns.

Guy B. Meredith

imported post

Your local news venue apparently does not report on Oakland, Richmond, Vallejo or San Francisco or you would be more aware of everyday gun violence. Of course Chicago, New York and others make their contributions as well. Just about any place where responsible citizens are denied use of firearms.

Bad guys be bad guys and they don't take a break. Those turkeys in Fresno et al have criminal records and were not the average responsible open carrier. So what's the surprise?

Brandishing means to handle a firearm in a manner that is threatening. This does not include holstered weapons except by the Brady bunch. What ninnies like the Brady bunch consider threatening is just their agenda driven hysteria and not a threat under the law.

cato

imported post

Just look at it for about 30 seconds. It has a lot of levels. Actually it's pretty interesting as a piece of art.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

jaime7818 wrote:
I don't see that description fitting you - just new and uninformed. Suggest you lurk a bit and get the feeling of what is going on here. Not everyone is so sensitive to newby's questions.

[line]
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1][/sup] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)#cite_note-IUKB_def-1

Yata hey

jaime7818

imported post

Im not a troll guys. Just looking at the big picture for myself. Still learning. Thanks for the responses and that picture of the anointed one is creepy....

TatankaGap

imported post

IMHO, this is an important topic because due to the economy and all the people hurting, and driven by pressures to do desperate things, there are increasing acts of violence throughout society and in each state -

Reducing gun violence is the stated goal of the Brady Bunch, LCAV and the gun control/antis community.

Reducing gun violence is also the stated goal of people who carry, OC or CC.

There is this dis-connect kind of like between people who believe in God and those who don't - they just can't get started on certain conversations because their respective starting points are mutually exclusive.

In South Dakota, where pretty much everyone has a gun, and we have widespread carrying (usually concealed), we have the 5th lowest crime rate in the US. There are rare instances of gun violence but if the antis view were correct, SD would be teeming with gun violence because there are so many guns and so many people have them.

I do believe that an armed society is a polite society and that people are way less likely to engage in the kind of conduct that eventually leads to gun violence when they live in an armed society.

I like it the South Dakota way, personally.:dude:

Ca Patriot

imported post

Violent crime in America is down almost 50% in the last 10 years. That includes gun violence.

Statesman

imported post

jaime7818 wrote:

Open Carriers are not the ones commiting gun crimes. Criminals always conceal their firearms prior to committing criminal acts with them. People who legally open carry are being open and honest about the fact that they are armed, but that doesn't make them a murderer.

Recent eventsshould have no impact on open carriers, unless one has been inflicted with the mental disease known asBCGGHDS (the Brady Campaign for Global Genocide Hoplophobic Derrangment Syndrome).

Those afflicted with this condition can generally be cured by watching "Innocents Betrayed" on youtube.

www.innocentsbetrayed.com