• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Been Ocing for two weeks now.

Nikki_Black

Saint Francisville, Louisiana, United States
imported post

I've been OCing for about 2 weeks now, and I've had nary a problem from any business, LEA, or LEO. In fact, earlier today I was at my favorite Chinese restaurant and 5 of the local SD walked in and sat down at the table next to me. Not a peep about "you can't carry like that", or "do you have a permit for that?". We just talked for a bit and ate our food. I also got stopped at a LSP insurance checkpoint, where I actually got pulled over because my inspection sticker expired last month, d'oh. :banghead: I had to step out of my car and all that, cause it was on the side of Highway 61 and the trooper didn't want to stand beside my car right next to 65 mph traffic. He didn't say anything about my gun other than "just watch where you're reachin'". I got my ticket and went on my way. I have been asked a couple of times by regular people about why I have a gun. I usually just stated a law snippet or witty remark.They said "Oh, alright", or something along those lines and that was that. All in all, I'd say it was a very successful first two weeks of OC.
:D
Sorry about rambling on y'all, I do that sometimes.

barf

imported post

I've often wondered if OCers of the female persuasion would generate as much interest from LEOs as us run-of-the-mill dirty males. Do you happen to look like this while you're OCing?

gun.jpg

tntorqu

imported post

barf wrote:
I've often wondered if OCers of the female persuasion would generate as much interest from LEOs as us run-of-the-mill dirty males. Do you happen to look like this while you're OCing?

gun.jpg
im going to get my wife a handgun and let her open carry. I would love to see the look on their faces. Plus they might think its sexy.

barf

imported post

tntorqu wrote:
barf wrote:

gun.jpg
im going to get my wife a handgun and let her open carry. I would love to see the look on their faces. Plus they might think its sexy.
Hmmm, you're going to "let" her open carry? That's very accommodating of you.

Also - you state that "I would love to see the look on their faces"? Who is "their"? Do you think open carry is a game? :what::uhoh::what:

tntorqu

imported post

no open carry is not a game. What i meant was that it would probably get more woman involved in open carrying. I doubt they would harrass young woman about carry a weapon.