• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shoulder carry

flagellum

imported post

Hello. Right now I carry a little .380 in my front pocket, but I would like to carry something bigger. With my small frame 5'3" and 130 lbs, it's impossible to conceal anything big on my waist (I Know this is an Open Carry forum, but CC must be considering for some circumstances). Even more so though, I don't like all the weight on one him and it makes it very difficult to drive, which doesn't go well with me.

What I have decided on is that I might be well suited for a shoulder rig. I believe this is the best way to distribute the weight of a full-size weapon and still sit comfortably, and conceal easily if needed.

I assume most holster systems are designed for larger men, and would prefer the holster to fit snug near my underarm. Does anyone know of holsters that come in sizes that may be comfortable for me?

heliopolissolutions

imported post

Actually I would say that you would do well enough with a shoulder holster provided you practiced!

You might notice that "wide" folks have some difficulties drawing from crossdraw shoulder holsters.

Women find some pretty good use for shoulder holsters, hips and belt holsters can be a real pain. Many women possess rather slight builds and benefit greatly from the weight redistribution.

There are shoulder rigs that have a strap that runs around the waist to keep things tighter.

Galco rigs are of course, iconic, but you have to find one that fits you very well.