• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry questions (general public relations not LEO)

mlacey56

imported post

So I just found this site. Great info and a great group of people....anyways, on that I 'd thought I'd ask a question. I am about to divulge myself in the world of OC, and was wondering how friendly Eugene is. As far as LEO's go, I've always had a positive experience, (I myself am getting prepared for LEO training), but always wonder about the general public. Is Eugene just to liberal for this? I am 22, lived here all my life and still have this burning question. Anyone with ANY experiences, good or bad, would help. THANKS

Not really looking for specifics, just a general idea, from a place that seems to know their stuff.

mlacey56

imported post

Alright.......no responses....so screw it. Went ALL day OC in Eugene with no problem. Even at burrito boy during bar rush, packed with college students (I know, buts its my only break)and not even a glance. I guess everyone is more friendly than previously thought. Well, I suppose the 9 hanging off my belt had to do with the friendliness....:D But hey, people are quite comfortable with it. <<<<< BTW I'm not that old. I'm fairly young, at 22. So this is VERY nice to witness firsthand. (bad experiences SUCK)

Ironbar

imported post

Sorry M, I missed this thread last time around. It's a bummer that the Oregon forum isn't as active as some of the other states. Perhaps we just don't have as many issues with OC asothers. (Which shocks the hell out of me given how liberal some areas are).

Anyway, I'm relieved to hear you had a good OC experience. Being as young as you are, and given that it's Eugene, I would have expected otherwise.

I suppose the word of the day is "caution". If you do have a LEO run-in, be as polite and cooperative as possible. I think this is the only way we're going to beat the anti-gunners.

mlacey56

imported post

Heartless_Conservative wrote:
Also, I'm pretty sure Eugene is one of the cities with a ban on loaded carry for people w/o a state issued permit.

Naw, Eugene got lucky and doesn't have to deal with that. The LC sheriff Russel Burger said HELL NO. No ban.

mlacey56

imported post

Ironbar wrote:
Sorry M, I missed this thread last time around. It's a bummer that the Oregon forum isn't as active as some of the other states. Perhaps we just don't have as many issues with OC as others. (Which shocks the hell out of me given how liberal some areas are).

Anyway, I'm relieved to hear you had a good OC experience. Being as young as you are, and given that it's Eugene, I would have expected otherwise.

I suppose the word of the day is "caution". If you do have a LEO run-in, be as polite and cooperative as possible. I think this is the only way we're going to beat the anti-gunners.

No, worries, thanks for the response, but I wasn't concerned about LEO interactions. With most of the EPD I'm on a first name basis....so not an issue. If one of em gets a call that doesn't know me, the next one who responds almost guaranteed I'll know. I was really interested in the public reaction, as this town is full of liberal who-ha. Everyone seemed to be ok with it.....not a problem, definitely why the Oregon thread is not that active!!!:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate