Thread: Educating Out-of-Staters

Post imported post

I'm new to this forum, but not new to OC'ing. I ride a Harley and OC a Ruger GP100 90% of the time. We have traveled extensivly around this state on two wheelsand never had an issue (my wife OC's her Ruger SP101 occasionally, especially if we are going to be insouthern third of the state).

I thought I would pass this along ... My wife and I took a little trip up to Roosevelt Lake recentlyand stopped at the visitor Center there to use the facilities. While I was waiting for her, a Minnesota snowbird walks up to me. He was intrigued that I was OC'ing and asked if it was legal here, if I needed a license, etc. I gave himthe basic "it's in our state constitution" explanation. he was totally amazed. I guess we have it good here compared to some places. I basically won't travel to other states where I can't OC or I am required to wear a helmet (generally the same state).

-Dutch

Post imported post

I'm a relatively new member as well, and also a relatively new resident of Arizona. It is a wonderful place. I'm happy to be hears. Only thing I would as is that the cost of these freedoms are eternal vigilance. Let's not allow the liberal influx tarnish the freedoms we so cherish in Arizona.
    If ever you find yourself in a situation where you can't be safe, be violent!

Post imported post

I would encourage both of you to join the AZCDL. In AZ we are not only vigilant about our rights, but through groups like AZCDL we are constantly pressing to have more restored with each new legislative session.

Check out the website http://www.azcdl.org/

Post imported post

azDutch wrote:
    I basically won't travel to other states where I can't OC or I am required to wear a helmet (generally the same state).
    So basically, you can't go very far west or east, but I believe you are free to go clear to Montana, and while you're that far north, mosey on over to the Dakota's.

Aside from the fact Highway 1 is off limits, I can't imagine a better, more scenic route.

Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

azDutch wrote:
    I'm new to this forum, but not new to OC'ing. I ride a Harley and OC a Ruger GP100 90% of the time. We have traveled extensivly around this state on two wheelsand never had an issue (my wife OC's her Ruger SP101 occasionally, especially if we are going to be insouthern third of the state).

I thought I would pass this along ... My wife and I took a little trip up to Roosevelt Lake recentlyand stopped at the visitor Center there to use the facilities. While I was waiting for her, a Minnesota snowbird walks up to me. He was intrigued that I was OC'ing and asked if it was legal here, if I needed a license, etc. I gave himthe basic "it's in our state constitution" explanation. he was totally amazed. I guess we have it good here compared to some places. I basically won't travel to other states where I can't OC or I am required to wear a helmet (generally the same state).

-Dutch
    Hopefully even though it's not mandated you still do wear a helmet.

Be safe!

Post imported post

Michigander: Oh we have plenty of beautiful rides rights here in AZ: Sedona to Flagstaff via oak Creek Canyon, Morenci to Alpine via the Devil's Highway (Old US 666, now 191), Globe to Showlow via Salt River Canyon.. and those are just 3 off the top of my head

Kildar: I only wear a helmet when forced too.:?

-Dutch

Post imported post

azDutch wrote:
    Michigander: Oh we have plenty of beautiful rides rights here in AZ....
    Which is one of many reasons why I can't wait to move back to AZ. I wanted to finish my auto mechanic degree in Michigan, because frankly the schools here seem to be a lot higher quality, particularly if you want to work on cars, but I am headed straight back that way just as soon as I am done. If I can swing it, I want to be a tech somewhere in northern AZ. Although, I would also be willing to settle on northern New Mexico for a while.

The one thing I am not going to do is ever live in the valley again.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    The one thing I am not going to do is ever live in the valley again.
    Ha! I visited for a week and arrived at that conclusion!

I'm looking at land north east of Show Low now... The further from humans, the better!
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Post imported post

I've had several out-of-staters from Ohio, Michigan and even Kentucky of all places ask the same, permit, license, registration nonsense. It's pretty bad when I inform them thatOC is legal in their home states... and has been. Their jaws drop. The media has done a superb job in creating that myth of permitinto accepted truth. Goebbels was right.

Post imported post

Iput together a composite map of nation-wide Helmet Laws and OC laws. I like it 'cuz I don't have to flip back & forth between websites when planning a trip. Damn I love living in Arizona!

Hope some of you find it useful.

Edited: I am trying to get clarification on Utah's out-of-state OC law while on a bike

-Dutch

Post imported post

azDutch wrote:
    Iput together a composite map of nation-wide Helmet Laws and OC laws. I like it 'cuz I don't have to flip back & forth between websites when planning a trip. Damn I love living in Arizona!

Edited: I am trying to get clarification on Utah's out-of-state OC law while on a bike

-Dutch
    Utah = 2 operations away from firing.

Or locked and loaded w/ permit.

I <3 your map.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Post imported post

azDutch wrote:

-Dutch
    Thanks, I'm definitely saving that one!

Post imported post

''Utah = 2 operations away from firing.''

Well, yea; the law is that you must have an empty chamber. I know, rack the slide and press the trigger etc. but thinking of it as two actions leads people to think maybe the two actions could be remove the safety and press the trigger. That just wouldn't do. A CFP neatly solves the problem; you're good to go however you want, CC or OC, chamber loaded or Israeli carry.

MD