• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bob Krausse

vanguard270

imported post

i hope you guys are still in school. this is the mindset that the antis want. people condemned Bush for state of country but remember he ended the clinton gun bill. people said clinton was good but helped to push through a gun bill that could have destroyed this country. why do you think the gop took over. Bush wasnt perfect but at least he gave us gun owner back our firearms. yes the dems are sweating bullets because they have stepped on the wrong toes, the working man. i dont mean the 100k+ salaries. we have to say together no matter what and show the government that we will not take this lying down. forget the state issue laws amd make it federal then the states have to abide by it. i feel a national carry law is needed to put a stop to the so called protectors ofour great states, from making the rules fit their agenda. how would they feel if their family was wiped out at a diner only to find out someone had a firearm in their car because the sheriff refused to give then a carry permit. some are afraid that maybe someone else may do their job and get credit for it. We can call each other names, run down who we like, and many other things but the most important thing is we would like the same thing. the right to keep and bear arms without persecution from the MAN. REMEMBER TOGETHER WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL.

amaixner

imported post

vanguard270 wrote:
i hope you guys are still in school. this is the mindset that the antis want. people condemned Bush for state of country but remember he ended the clinton gun bill. people said clinton was good but helped to push through a gun bill that could have destroyed this country. why do you think the gop took over. Bush wasnt perfect but at least he gave us gun owner back our firearms.
NOT TRUE
Bush said that he would sign the AWB if the legislature renewed it.
SOURCE: http://gunowners.org/a041403.htm
SOURCE: http://www.thehighroad.us/archive/index.php/t-18114.html
SOURCE: http://www.ontheissues.org/celeb/george_w__bush_gun_control.htm

From the Bush/Kerry televised campaign 'debates':
Q: You said if Congress would vote to extend the ban on assault weapons, that you’d sign the legislation, but you did nothing to encourage Congress to extend it.
BUSH: I did think we ought to extend the assault weapons ban

Now if your overall point is that we should stop arguing here and try to continue the improvement of gun rights laws, I fully agree with that sentiment.

Straight_Shooter

imported post

amaixner wrote:
NOT TRUE
Bush said that he would sign the AWB if the legislature renewed it.
amaixner-

Bless your heart, you are priceless! . . . Thanks for pointing out the Bush hypocricy . . . you arequite right to do so . . just another example of how "conservatives" tell us that "their" politicians are the exact opposite of what they really are . . . (Branstad comes to mind as another current great example - all the "Republicans" are runnning around telling us what a great "fiscal conservative" he was as guv - yet the truth is his spending / taxing record is horrible - worse than Culver's in truth).

However, I have to tell you that I laughed until I cried when I read this post . . You "fully agree with the sentiment that we should stop arguing" . . . right after you justgot donearguingwith Vanguard270!!!

I guess whether or notsomething is acceptable is based on "who's saying what." Ya just gotta love what the "relevatism movement" has done to us . . Not "dissing" you . . . so don't take it that way . . you don't think much differently than most other Iowans.

Take care and thanks for making my day . . . :lol:

SS