• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Want a gun? No problem.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Don't encourage her mental masturbation.

Barbara Miner wrote:
I allow the fascination to run free, and I conjure up Hollywood fantasies of revenge and respect. A small, gray-haired woman, I imagine myself walking city streets and saying to any hulking guy who gets in my way, "Don't mess with me, I have a gun."
[ ... ]
To buy a handgun, one has to pass a cursory background check that mostly involves whether one is a felon. That and a 48-hour waiting period are the only requirements in Wisconsin. No license, no registration, no gun safety course.
[ ... ]
I also took a closer look at the submachine guns on the wall behind the counter, realizing that I probably could have bought one of those if I had wanted.
Unfortunately the NRA and Sarah Brady agree with her that licenses, registration and training are required.

FLR&@

imported post

What page is this on? I cannot find it in todays paper.

The link states the article was posted in June of 2007.

BerettaFS92Custom

imported post

Lammie wrote:
The article is 3 years old. Written June, 2007.

[*]Saturday, February 27, 2010
[*]Main Page
[*]Editorials
[*]Perspectives
[*]Editorial Board Blog
[*]Crossroads
[*]Causey
[*]McIlheran
[*]Nichols
[*]Letters
[*]Sports

[align=center]

Home » News » Opinion [/align] Opinion

Want a gun? No problem.

wierd i found it read it now see it is 3 yrs old but when i hit the link i posted it shows

today's date hmm ah well mods delte this entire post then lol
:banghead: