• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

just heard a rumor from the total firearms manager...

PT111

imported post

So all they need is 325,000 signatures in a state with a population of 10 million. If they have some money, and it probably won't take any more than the average self-defense court case,they can easilyget that many if they are organized to any extent. Once that happens look out for the dirty politics to take the gloves and bikinis off for an all out bare knuckles mud slingingbrawl.

The part about it being overridden by a 75% supermajority is just a pipedream for either side after that. No politician with a lick of sense would touch it.

As an afterthought why don't the gun owners of MI put an inititative on the ballot to do away with all handgun bans? It is not really that hard to get one on there. Surely there are at least 325,000 gun owners in MI.

G

imported post

marshaul wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
Laws aren't enacted through ballot initiatives.

This was covered in your high school civics class.
Um... Michigan has ballot initiatives. Or were you trying to say something else?
Laws aren't easily enacted through ballot initiatives.

Poor proofreading skills.

lil_freak_66

imported post

PT111 wrote:
So all they need is 325,000 signatures in a state with a population of 10 million. If they have some money, and it probably won't take any more than the average self-defense court case,they can easilyget that many if they are organized to any extent. Once that happens look out for the dirty politics to take the gloves and bikinis off for an all out bare knuckles mud slingingbrawl.

The part about it being overridden by a 75% supermajority is just a pipedream for either side after that. No politician with a lick of sense would touch it.

As an afterthought why don't the gun owners of MI put an inititative on the ballot to do away with all handgun bans? It is not really that hard to get one on there. Surely there are at least 325,000 gun owners in MI.

ever heard of civil uprising?

i heard michigan has the most militia's of any state,not sure if its true,but the militia types seem pissed off enough already about how the gov't is acting...

eastmeyers

imported post

PT111 wrote:

Okay so here is the plan. If I go somewhere (supermarket) and someone comes up with a clip bord and says will you sign this, and I ask what is it, they say to ban Open Carry. I'll just say why, i'm open carrying now! And they will run screaming GUN GUN GUN GUN GUN GUN AHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol!

G

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:

i heard michigan has the most militia's of any state,not sure if its true,but the militia types seem pissed off enough already about how the gov't is acting...
Why haven't you enlisted yet? WTF are you waiting for? You have stated your "intentions" repeatedly and then you throw out this "civil uprising" crap.

Why don't you try spouting off your "civil uprising" crap from Canada?

Maybe if you spent some time defending this country with your life, your propensity to spew treasonous rhetoric would be diminished.

lil_freak_66

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:

Why haven't you enlisted yet? WTF are you waiting for? You have stated your "intentions" repeatedly and then you throw out this "civil uprising" crap.

Maybe if you spent some time defending this country with your life, your propensity to spew treasonous rhetoric would be diminished.

whenever i get my diploma,which im hoping is early-mid spring. cant enlist w/o a diploma now can i?

also,if you thought i was truly serious about it...then you got another thing comin

autosurgeon

imported post

You can enlist now but your service will be contingent on you getting the diploma... however some recruiters don't sign young people that have not graduated unless they are in Jr. ROTC.

Saves paperwork if they don't graduate.

wally1120

imported post

I was in that stupid JROTC CRAP when I was in school, Man that $hit was lame as hell. I sholdn`t have went into that stuff, I didn`t go into the service, I tryed but, They didn`t want me. And that really pissed me off, I had to take out my piercings, now I have to get repierced.:banghead::lol:

lil_freak_66

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
You can enlist now but your service will be contingent on you getting the diploma... however some recruiters don't sign young people that have not graduated unless they are in Jr. ROTC.

exactly the case with the lansing recruiters.

ive got every bit of paperwork done now i think,its just going to MEPS and then swearing in that i still have to do.

ASVAB was taken in july,i recieved a 68 on it.

7th District

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:

Call some more of your local recruiters. Unless things have changed, and you're a good student,you can enlist right now. Granted if you are 17 you'll need your parents permission, but as I recall you can get your contract locked in up to a year out. It is called the Delayed Entry Program. On the plus side your time in the DEP will go towards your total 8 year enlistment obligation.

Everyone who enlists in the military has an 8 year military service obligation. Whether you sign a 4 year or 6 year active duty enlistment contact, you are still obligated to serve a total of 8 years. So after your active duty service is over the remaining balance of your service obligation will be served in the Individual Ready Reserve. While in the IRR you can be subject to recall. A side from that being in the IRR (IIRC) only requires that you to check in once a year and advise of any change of address. After you fulfill your 8 years of service is when you get your formal honorable discharge certificate.

Just don't rush into anything and get the contract you want.

lil_freak_66

imported post

7th District wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:

Call some more of your local recruiters. Unless things have changed, and you're a good student,you can enlist right now. Granted if you are 17 you'll need your parents permission, but as I recall you can get your contract locked in up to a year out. It is called the Delayed Entry Program. On the plus side your time in the DEP will go towards your total 8 year enlistment obligation.

Everyone who enlists in the military has an 8 year military service obligation. Whether you sign a 4 year or 6 year active duty enlistment contact, you are still obligated to serve a total of 8 years. So after your active duty service is over the remaining balance of your service obligation will be served in the Individual Ready Reserve. While in the IRR you can be subject to recall. A side from that being in the IRR (IIRC) only requires that you to check in once a year and advise of any change of address. After you fulfill your 8 years of service is when you get your formal honorable discharge certificate.

Just don't rush into anything and get the contract you want.

ive contacted all branches other than coast guard in the lansing area,they are the same way.same with owosso.

jackson says im too far out of they're area to discuss it with me.

its another 2 or 3 months at most i hope,its no biggie to wait.

7th District

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:

exactly the case with the lansing recruiters.

ive got every bit of paperwork done now i think,its just going to MEPS and then swearing in that i still have to do.

ASVAB was taken in july,i recieved a 68 on it.
What branch ofserviceare you talking to?Did they tell you what your GT score is?If you don't have a high enough score it can limit the MOS fieldthat you can get a contract within. With a 68 you may want to take the ASVAB again to see if you improve your score. You shoulddo better justbecause you've been there done that.

lil_freak_66

imported post

planning on army

standard scores: GS-54 AR-57 WK-56 PC-55 MK-49 EI-61 AS-55 MC-61 AO-48 VE-56

my composite scores for army are

GT-114 CL-111 CO-113 EL-114 FA-113 GM-114 MM-116 OF-115 SC-113 ST-113

airforce scores are

M-80 A-59 G-76 E-73

Navy/CG are

GT-113 EL-221 BEE-209 ENG-104 MEC-173 MEC2-166 NUC-223 OPS-210 HM-159 ADM 105

Marine scores are

MM-120 GT-118 EL-112 CL-105

and as ive stated before,my AFQT percentile is 68

i qualified for jobs that i wanted.

7th District

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
planning on army

standard scores: GS-54 AR-57 WK-56 PC-55 MK-49 EI-61 AS-55 MC-61 AO-48 VE-56

my composite scores for army are

GT-114 CL-111 CO-113 EL-114 FA-113 GM-114 MM-116 OF-115 SC-113 ST-113

Marine scores are

MM-120 GT-118 EL-112 CL-105

and as ive stated before,my AFQT percentile is 68

i qualified for jobs that i wanted.
Well forget what I said about retaking it then.:) I knew you'd want a good a GT score, and it looks like you have that. As I recall a GT score of 110 will open up every MOS field to you. When I was in the Marines it was the GT score that was the one part of the ASVAB that followed me through out my enlistment.

G

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:

whenever i get my diploma,which im hoping is early-mid spring. cant enlist w/o a diploma now can i?

also,if you thought i was truly serious about it...then you got another thing comin
Now it's the diploma.

I'd swear you posted a reply to me that you were done with school.

That's one thing about you. They'll never catch you without an excuse.

wally1120

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:

Now it's the diploma.

I'd swear you posted a reply to me that you were done with school.

That's one thing about you. They'll never catch you without an excuse.
Maybe, Just maybe his Diploma got revolked.:lol: