• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Experience at Red Robins in Idaho Falls

Gizmoe142

imported post

I went to Red Robin the other day with my Girl Friend. We went in and as always I was open carrying. most the time my gun never gets noticed and if it does not many people say anything, tonight was different.

We went in and it was very busy the hostess took us to our seat, we sat down and the waiter came over introduced himself and then saw my gun. His immediately said wow thats cool and asked me what kind and caliber it was. I told him it was a Beretta M92 Custom Carry 9mm. He stood their and told me how his girl friend had just got him a Kimber 1911 for xmas. He was so excited he almost forgot our drinks.

Later when my girlfriend got up to use the restroom he came over and actually sat down and we discussed how people reacted to guns and OC. I told him most everybody just accepted it, however I did get a few odd looks once in a while.

We got our food and were having a nice meal when the manager came over and asked if I had a concealed permit to which I replied I did and I also told her that to carry a gun in Idaho I did not necessarily need one. She asked my reasons for carrying, I told her that cops are usually only around for taking reports after the robbery has taken place and not to stop or prevent them. I also told her that I have the right to protect myself and the people around me. After the conversation she said thanks for keeping us all safe and left.

By this time I could not believe it two very positive Pro-gun people in less then an hour, and one who even thanked me. but this is not all.

We finished our dinner and were sitting there talking and by this time the restaurant had cleared out a bit, we were just getting ready to get up and a bus boy came over and said that he had just applied for his CWP and asked if you had to keep it concealed and if it was legal to carry in restaurants. I told him about OC in Idaho, and that is was legal in restaurants. I told him that if he had any questions to come here to Opencarry.com. He thanked me for the help and said he would check it out.

After all this my girl friend and myself were sitting there in amazement. I left a big tip and a note to the waiter thanking him for the conversation and said if he had any other questions to contact me or here on opencarry.com