• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What Handgun

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Big Dawg wrote:
What is your daily concealed carry handgun ?
Thank you for your service Sgt.

If you are referring to my possible BUG (back-up gun) that depends, but I think you're asking about my primary daily carry.

95+% of the posters here would tell you they do NOT have a "daily concealed carry handgun."

We are proponents of OC (open carry) - myself, I OC 24/7 a 1911.

Couldn't help but notice that 3 out of your 4 posts seem to advocate CC (concealed carry) - at least that is the perception. Sure hope you are not trolling. :?

[line]
Two suggestions:

1) Take the time to read and familiarize yourself with who we are and why we OC.

2) Add your location to your profile - some questions/replies are state specific - that info helps everybody including the mods.

Trust you will take this in the spirit intended and that you stay, learn and share.:)

A lot of good people and knowledge here.

Yata hey

Dreamer

imported post

I don't have a daily CC firearm, because I OC daily...

However, when I DO choose to CC, my prefered firearm is the SAME firearm I OC--a full-size Para Ordnance S-14.45. When I OC, I use a Blackhawk Serpa CQC holster. When I CC, I use an older model Galco IWB holster.

I will admit that I CC more in the winter, because I've been wearing big warm coats, and OC just isn't really an option. I have a permit, so I usually put on my regular OC rig, and then put my winter coat on. Since my firearm is covered by my winter coat, I am carrying concealed.

I am planning to get a smaller Para sometime this year though, not so much for CC, but because a full-size duble tack 1911 and a spare mag gets sort of heavy sometimes, and it would be nice to have something that was a little less weighty...

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

I do CC a lot of the time right now, due to weather conditions. When I do I carry a Bersa Thunder .380. It's a great little gun, a real tack driver, and reliable as a gun can get. Also, although it's modeled on the Walther PPK/PPKs, it cost about 1/2 to 1/3 what a Walther would and is not only more accurate, but more reliable (according to the reviews I've read by people who have owned both).

Bersa Thunder may be the best value for the money of any .380 on the market today.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

First, thanks to Grapeshot! Yes we are an OC bunch.

I carry mostly a Sig 229 in .40. OC/CC depending on the weather.

I CC as a BUG a Keltec P32 as needed in CC only businesses. (Costco, Malls, etc.)

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

thnycav

imported post

I do carry a Glock 30.

As for as OC and CC I feel that is a personal choice. I can list why I do carry the way I do but still that is my choice and what I'm comfortable with. I would never try to talk someone out of OC. I feel that we should concentrate more on what we do have in common carrying firearms and less on the method.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

thnycav wrote:
I do carry a Glock 30.

As for as OC and CC I feel that is a personal choice. I can list why I do carry the way I do but still that is my choice and what I'm comfortable with. I would never try to talk someone out of OC. I feel that we should concentrate more on what we do have in common carrying firearms and less on the method.
Could not disagree that the choice of how one carries is not the question.
Just do so responsibly.

That said, this site is so dedicated to OPEN CARRY and the furtherance and acceptance of same. Long live OCDO.

Yata hey

TJ347

imported post

Please boot this troll from the site, as apparently "OpenCarry.org" is beyond his ability to comprehend. I haven't been on this site two months, andpractically every thread ultimately gets sidetracked by members stopping toaddress these clowns. Please, make it stop!