• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who made up the NO Guns, No Money cards at the VCDL table

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
There were "No Guns - No Money" cards available in the middle Nineties, last Century.
Don't recall seeing you at the Va show Doug, or is it Master now...but thanks for putting your 0.000002 in anyway.:X

Hadn't seen you here for a while. I thought you were dead.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Agent19 wrote:
Thanks M. ! There was some discussion about them a month or so ago, but not the wording on the back.

kennys

imported post

I have seen them but after reading the second side, will not use them. While I am a chp holder to me these cards suggest restrictive carry, by chp only. That is all I have to say.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

kennys wrote:
I have seen them but after reading the second side, will not use them. While I am a chp holder to me these cards suggest restrictive carry, by chp only. That is all I have to say.
Gunowners, just like everyone have a perfect right to say or pass out what the please Kenny. But that doesn't mean I have to like it and....I don't!

The cards give the plain and direct message that CHP holders are better than non-CHP people, and should be allowed
"Special Person" status.

Now that I said that, if a gun owner wants to pass out Handgun Control pamplets, I can't stop it. I can only express my displeasure. I've had a number of unpleasant discussions with the Old Goat that works the NRA booth. I'm also NOT an NRA member anymore.

I DO have a problem with them being passed out at the VCDL table and if VCDL paid for the printing, I have an even bigger problem with it.

It flies in the face of this quote:

Grapeshot wrote:
vt357 wrote:
Now all the comments are filling up with people from the NRA who only say they support the legislation. The NRA email that I got said nothing about open carry.

Listen to one of the posts:

The intent of this law was to prevent reckless weapon use on state forest for protection of its inhabitants and patrons. Law abiding conceal carry owners are charged with not using or showing their weapon unless the situation warrants for fear of life and self defense. This change in the code would have no impact to the public at all. I can walk into Wal-Mart with my conceal carry but not have it in the back woods of a state forest where some crazy might be lurking for an easy opportunity. It doesn't make sense to me. You could add wording for those state forest parcels with an office on site for CC owners to stop by and register as having a CC on site so they are aware, but don't prevent them from having it.
:cuss::banghead::cuss:
Register? WTF is he thinking!! :cuss:

The camel's nose I understand, but that is the opposite end of the beast.

Yata hey
I saw that NRA alert go out and knew it would be trouble. Oh, well - we need to out number them so we can get unlicensed open carry, too.

kennys

imported post

peter nap wrote:
kennys wrote:
Gunowners, just like everyone have a perfect right to say or pass out what the please Kenny. But that doesn't mean I have to like it and....I don't!

The cards give the plain and direct message that CHP holders are better than non-CHP people, and should be allowed
"Special Person" status.
I agree, it is a matter of personal choice, and I hold it against no one on their own personal views. I just get aggravated when personal views can often hinder personalchoice by actionsand some don't even realise it. However some do and don't care.

Marco

imported post

As a CHP holder (I choose not to use mine) I have a huge issue with things like this, the special class nonsense has got to stop.

I couldn't knowingly support anyone/org that did supported the special class gun owner.

[line]

The bridge linking me to the NRA has long since been destroyed, and I don't seenew construction starting anytime soon.

[line]
edit:
Don't let these comments derail this thread, I will not discuss it except in person.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

If you don't like the wording, go make some of your own with wording you prefer.

Like most of the stuff offered at the VCDL table it is there to help educate folks. There are restrictions on the use of the VCDL logo, but I'm not aware of a restriction of the concept of something VCDL has put together. As a matter of fact I'm pretty sure they were bought from somebody, as opposed to VCDL being the creative genuis behind their existence.

If you think VCDL should stop making the cards available you ought to bring that issue to the VCDL leadership. Same if you think VCDL ought to alter the wording.

Sorry you took umbrage where there is no evidence anyone was trying to gore your ox.

stay safe.

skidmark

richarcm

imported post

I think there is also something to be said about doing things incrementally. Its easier to get your foot in the door if you are selling a group of people who are permitted VS not permitted. Once the permitted group is socially acceptable you work on the rest. I can see and understand both sides. It does place the CCers in a class of their own for no real reason except that the CCers are an easier sell.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

richarcm wrote:
I think there is also something to be said about doing things incrementally. Its easier to get your foot in the door if you are selling a group of people who are permitted VS not permitted. Once the permitted group is socially acceptable you work on the rest. I can see and understand both sides. It does place the CCers in a class of their own for no real reason except that the CCers are an easier sell.
I couldn't have said it better:)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

skidmark wrote:
If you think VCDL should stop making the cards available you ought to bring that issue to the VCDL leadership. Same if you think VCDL ought to alter the wording.
You may be right Paul.
Unlike you, I'm not always as reserved as I could be:p

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

peter nap wrote:
skidmark wrote:
You may be right Paul.
Unlike you, I'm not always as reserved as I could be:p
Paul is reserved? For when? :)

And as for you - yes you are. :)

Yata hey

Bubba Ron

imported post

peter nap wrote:
Did VCDL make them?
There are so many different versions of this card it's difficult to know which version you are talking about....if the back starts with "As a Virginia Concealed Handgun Permit holder, I have:..."and it has the VCDL logo on the back, then yes, they are like the ones we received from VCDL for the Tidewater gun shows. I can see your point to some extent,as I began this post,I have seen several different versions of this type of card,recommend you use the ones that suit you best - or as Paul said, if you feel strongly about this particular version, bring it up to VCDL Leadership.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
peter nap wrote:
Did VCDL make them?
There are so many different versions of this card it's difficult to know which version you are talking about....if the back starts with "As a Virginia Concealed Handgun Permit holder, I have:..."and it has the VCDL logo on the back, then yes, they are like the ones we received from VCDL for the Tidewater gun shows. I can see your point to some extent,as I began this post,I have seen several different versions of this type of card,recommend you use the ones that suit you best - or as Paul said, if you feel strongly about this particular version, bring it up to VCDL Leadership.
That's not the point Ron !
The subject has been brought up before.
There really isn't any sense in hashing it out here again. I got the answer I was looking for.

Sometimes we can't see the forest for the trees and sometimes we don't want to see it, because we like what we're looking at!

Bubba Ron

imported post

peter nap wrote:
Bubba Ron wrote:
peter nap wrote:
Did VCDL make them?
There really isn't any sense in hashing it out here again. I got the answer I was looking for.

Sometimes we can't see the forest for the trees and sometimes we don't want to see it, because we like what we're looking at!
I was not trying to push your buttons, I was trying to ID which of the No Guns = No Money cards you were talking about....and I was guilty of not seeing the forest for the trees this time :?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
peter nap wrote:
Bubba Ron wrote:
peter nap wrote:
Did VCDL make them?

I was not trying to push your buttons, I was trying to ID which of the No Guns = No Money cards you were talking about....and I was guilty of not seeing the forest for the trees this time :?
I know Ron and it wasn't intended to be a sharp or pointed response to you.
It's a very depressing realization that's been nagging me for the last 6 months.
Unfortunately, I'm the one that's been missing the forest view.
I suspect it's much the feeling one would get after finding his wife was cheating on him.