Thread: OCd in Janesville and delavan

Post imported post

Hi this is my first post.
    After last sun day in sussex i decided it was time to start open carrying(been dragging my feet for months).
    First I went to Penneys to use a coupon that expired today.I didn't carry there because I wasn't sure about the mall rules. then went to Farm and fleet to get some keys made. Then to Walmart, Gander mnt T J Maxx all with no incident.
    Went to best buy looking at cameras when I haer "Rock County Sheriff dept keep your hands wre I can see them"
    They asked me to step outside ;asked any particular reason I was armed ? I said no.
    After a couple minutes they let me go saying it was ok with best buy for me to go back in and shop. when I went in the manger of best buy apologized said they only called to see if it was legal .
    Then went to walmart in delavan no incident there other than seeing a coworker who notice i was armed and said "I see tour taking advantige of your rights I said yep!

McX

Post imported post

welcome to the forum

Post imported post

Thanks glad to finely be able to contribute something here.

Post imported post

oh man there was alot more constructive ways toanswer that officer's question than simply "no". lol. Anywho congrats man. I liveright backbehind the area you carried in and am in those stores quite often, sans carry with the exception of gander.....so far.

Post imported post

kawisixer01 wrote:
    oh man there was alot more constructive ways toanswer that officer's question than simply "no".
    guess I"m just a man of few words probably best when dealing with LEOs
    Was a little worried at first as I believe Janesville still has a no carry law on the books. Last spring I was stopped and detained for a little over an hour by two Janesville police because they thougt it was suspicious I was shopping for a gun at a pawn shop.
    By comparison this was much a better interaction

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

oldschool wrote:
    Last spring I was stopped and detained for a little over an hour by two Janesville police because they thougt it was suspicious I was shopping for a gun at a pawn shop.
    I hope that NEVER again happens but if it does that you become a rich citizen.

Post imported post

Thanks I can always use the money:celebrate

Post imported post

Even last night I think the LEOs over stepped ther bounds considering the Matthew A. St. John case. As the manager of Best buy called only for clarification of the law in regards to open carry. He said he was not asking for or expecting officers to come.

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

As well as Second Amendment law, legally armed citizens must be as familiar with Fourth and Fifth Amendment issues too. Unfortunately such discussions and guidance is scattered here on OCDO.

I ANAL generally speaking, if you were detained and not charged then a civil tort has been committed.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar

Post imported post

Great work oldschool!

I grew up in Delavan and still end up down there quite a bit because my parents still live there. I OC whenever I do. Glad to see more OC'ing around the area!

Its also nice to see people being educated of laws in Wisconsin. Now the manager at Best Buy is better informed!

Carry On!
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Post imported post

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman wrote:
    Great work oldschool!

I grew up in Delavan and still end up down there quite a bit because my parents still live there. I OC whenever I do. Glad to see more OC'ing around the area!

Its also nice to see people being educated of laws in Wisconsin. Now the manager at Best Buy is better informed!

Carry On!
    Thanks Nik
    I agree. Even being walked out of the store then standing in front of the store with all the leos( 6 I think and me with my hands on my head ) was educational when a couple minutes I come back in on my own firearm still on my hip.
    Its like yes a man open carrying police cheeked it out nothing to be concerned about.