• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oreilly Open carry

storm22

imported post

This happend a few years back but i thought i would post it. A buddy and I walked into Oreillys after we had just got done shooting at a buddys farm land. we had to go pick up some parts for a truck we were working on. i had on my dads old Smith and Wesson model 66 in a paddle holster on my hip, and my buddy had his M&P .40 in a paddle holster on his hip. we walked around for a few imnutes and the manager approached me and said sir your either going to have to put the gun in your car or leave, your scaring the customers. i then politely said, "sir, i didnt see a sign on your door for firearms." He replied that they didnt allow firearmns in the store and that i was in viloation of the law. i then stated that KY is an Open carry State and that i was legal being as there were no signs on the door. he said well we dont allow them so take it off or leave. i said ok thats fine. so we went elsewhere and bought the parts. There is still no sign in the window, door or anywhere. see if i go there again.

mellio

imported post

Even a sign on the door would not have made it illegal for you to enter. The fact that you were asked to leave could make it illegal. If you were asked to leave and did not, youcould get into some legal trouble for trespassing. The store has the legal right to not allow you in their store with your gun. You have the right to shop elsewhere and you did. Sounds like everything went according to law to me. Just remember to write to corporate and ask if that is their official policy and to tell them they have lost your buisness if it is.:cool:

Brian D.

imported post

Also, save your receipts from the competitors and send copies to O'Reilly's, both the particular store and their corporate HQ's. If that doesn't get you some feedback one way or another, probably nothing will.

Statesman

imported post

1fastsilverado wrote:
This happend a few years back but i thought i would post it. A buddy and I walked into Oreillys after we had just got done shooting at a buddys farm land. we had to go pick up some parts for a truck we were working on. i had on my dads old Smith and Wesson model 66 in a paddle holster on my hip, and my buddy had his M&P .40 in a paddle holster on his hip. we walked around for a few imnutes and the manager approached me and said sir your either going to have to put the gun in your car or leave, your scaring the customers. i then politely said, "sir, i didnt see a sign on your door for firearms." He replied that they didnt allow firearmns in the store and that i was in viloation of the law. i then stated that KY is an Open carry State and that i was legal being as there were no signs on the door. he said well we dont allow them so take it off or leave. i said ok thats fine. so we went elsewhere and bought the parts. There is still no sign in the window, door or anywhere. see if i go there again.
Which store was this?

Be sure to post your experience at friendorfoe.us so the rest of us can do our business elsewhere, and start sending our receipts to corporate headquarters.

Have you contacted the corporate headquarters and asked them for their policy regarding firearms?

http://corporate.oreillyauto.com/corporate/HomePage.do