• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin Carry Pamplet

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

I am asking that you print this off, fold it, and look it over.

I want to know what you think. I am not looking for positive comments. What I want is feedback to improve it.

This was already an awesome looking pamphlet when Logan made it. He publicly surrendered any copyrights and gave permission for anyone to change it how the wanted to. So, that is what I did.

With permission form Nik Clark and Hubert Hoffman, I have included the Wisconsin Carry logo and mission statement.

I also changed the message a bit to focus more to a right of self defense from criminals. Our government may be criminal, but that message losses peoples and does not fit the agenda of Wisconsin Carry Inc.

After I have gotten feedback and Nik approves a new and improvedlogo to replace the one that is on it , I will be taking it to the printer to have several thousand paamphlets professional printed. I will repost the Final Draft so that anyone can print them off at home or take an order to the printers themselves.

If any one would be interested, I could mail outthe professionally printed pamphlets at something like$10 per100. I have seen and gotten pamphlets from other organizations this way to promote their organization.

I am really looking forward to hearing you suggestions.

Carry On & Carry Always!

Attachment was deleted. Final version has been posted.

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

BrokenSproket:

I think the pamphlet is fine. I make the following suggestions.

"Forty eight state have Concealed Carry Permit laws. Wisconsin is not one of them."

Change to:

"Forty eight states have personal protection laws. Wisconsin is not one of them."

The purpose of the pamphlet, I believe, is to endorse open carry, not to suggest we need a concealed carry law.

The Gun-Free school zone picture should be more closely associated with the verbage concerning the Gun-Free school zone slaughters on page two. Or there should be some verbage added to page two that the Gun-Free school zone statute is ineffective. As the verbage now stands it almost sounds like an endorsement for more gun control in school zones and I know that isn't the intent.

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I like it! Will probably have to be the new one I carry with me. Keep posting any updated versions.

JG

imported post

In the pamphlet it says,"Police have no duty to protect You". Why do some police cars have "serve and protect" on there doors. Can someone answer this?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

JG wrote:
In the pamphlet it says,"Police have no duty to protect You". Why do some police cars have "serve and protect" on there doors. Can someone answer this?
"to serve & protect" ( themselves ) It's true, the police have no legal responsibility to protect the individual, just society as a whole.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

JG wrote:
Empty posturing and marketeering, like a guy driving from the middle of the front seat trying to make you believe he's being orally serviced. Believe nothing you read or hear without verifying it yourself unless it fits your preexisting worldview.

It's a hummer for the sheeple.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

BROKENSPROKET wrote:

I want to know what you think. I am not looking for positive comments. What I want is feedback to improve it.

Carry On & Carry Always!
I don't see any mention of this forum. If you're really trying to be informational and not just advertise Wisconsin Carry, then you should also list OpenCarry.org.

Dave

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

davegran wrote:
BROKENSPROKET wrote:

Carry On & Carry Always!
I don't see any mention of this forum. If you're really trying to be informational and not just advertise Wisconsin Carry, then you should also list OpenCarry.org.

Dave
sorry, I have better uses for my Printer Ink, than to just waste it like that @ 50.00 per cartridge set. It looks good the way it is for a home made brochure, want to improve it even more ? Have a Professional designer do it. Is this the feedback your looking for ?

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

Of all the pamphlets I have seen, this one is the clearest and most informative. I'll either print it out in B&W and take it to the printers for more copies or get a colored one from you and have color copies made to hand out.

Dave, Wi Carry Inc. has a link to this forum on its home page. Isn't that enough for you?

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

davegran wrote:
BROKENSPROKET wrote:

Carry On & Carry Always!

Dave

WisconsinCarry.org had a link to OpenCarry.org - Discussion Forum > Stories From The States > Wisconsin.

Google tracks internet traffic. WisconsinCarry.org will get a hit. Personally, I go to WisconsinCarry.org and click on the link to bring me here.

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

JG wrote:
Propaganda. To give us the false belief that we do not need to protect ourselves and surrender our rights. .

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

Lammie wrote:
BrokenSproket:

I think the pamphlet is fine. I make the following suggestions.

"Forty eight state have Concealed Carry Permit laws. Wisconsin is not one of them."

Change to:

"Forty eight states have personal protection laws. Wisconsin is not one of them."

The purpose of the pamphlet, I believe, is to endorse open carry, not to suggest we need a concealed carry law.

The Gun-Free school zone picture should be more closely associated with the verbage concerning the Gun-Free school zone slaughters on page two. Or there should be some verbage added to page two that the Gun-Free school zone statute is ineffective. As the verbage now stands it almost sounds like an endorsement for more gun control in school zones and I know that isn't the intent.

I tried to make it fit the immediate agenda of Wisconsin Carry Inc.

Conceal Carry is on theagenda.Itis just not in first place at this time. The day will comewhen it will be.

I am working an essay which I have titled, "Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Beyond the Mission Statement" based on all the posts here and conversations which I had with the Board of Directors that explains the long term strategy in a way that may win over some mariginal anti-gunners. But since I am not a official spokesman for WCI, just a foot soldier, I will submit it to the BOD for their approval to release it.

Lammie, Thanks for you suggestions. I have made a few changes. Some of what you suggested I was pondering myself. I moved the pages around and changed the wording you suggested, but not exactly the way you suggested. I may remove the Conceal Carry part for now. Your suggestion will influence my decision.

When WCI wins the GFSZ lawsuit, I will drop that message and focus on vehicle carry and so on.

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

Spartacus wrote:
Of all the pamphlets I have seen, this one is the clearest and most informative.
Thanks, but most of the credit must go to Logan. He started it from scracth and did awesome. All I am doing is tweeking the message to fit the current agenga of WCI.

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

I will be taking a hiatis from the forums, except to get this pamphlet done. I think I bit off more than I can chew with an OC Event in my area.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

BROKENSPROKET wrote:
davegran wrote:
BROKENSPROKET wrote:

Carry On & Carry Always!

Dave

WisconsinCarry.org had a link to OpenCarry.org - Discussion Forum > Stories From The States > Wisconsin.

Google tracks internet traffic. WisconsinCarry.org will get a hit. Personally, I go to WisconsinCarry.org and click on the link to bring me here.
You asked for suggestions and I gave you mine. I still think that the link for opencarry.org, the organization that has done so much for OC in Wisconsin, should be on the pamphlet; but thanks to the wonders of modern computers, I can print up and hand out my own pamphlets that do include the link. :)

Dave

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

davegran wrote:
BROKENSPROKET wrote:
davegran wrote:
BROKENSPROKET wrote:

Carry On & Carry Always!

Dave

You asked for suggestions and I gave you mine. I still think that the link for opencarry.org, the organization that has done so much for OC in Wisconsin, should be on the pamphlet; but thanks to the wonders of modern computers, I can print up and hand out my own pamphlets that do include the link. :)

Dave
Dave i guess I agree with you for once, with out OCDO- WICarry would have like no members.Wicarry recruits about 98 % of it's members from this forum.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

I still think that the link for opencarry.org, the organization that has done so much for OC in Wisconsin, should be on the pamphlet

Wisconsin Carry wouldn't exist without the urging and prodding of the founders of OCDO (Mike and John)

As such, when we incorporated Wisconsin Carry and put together the first website, we chose to use the OCDO forums as our discussion forum and link the forums here from our site.

Because of the close relationship between Wisconsin Carry's board and the owners of opencarry.org, we felt no need to have a separate forum. In fact, we felt that there was mutual benefit as we could drive traffic to this forum, while visitors to this forum would find their way to Wisconsin Carry. Wisconsin Carry is not a web forum, we are an organization of members focused specifically on gun-rights in Wisconsin. Opencarry.org is a web-forum.

My only thoughts as to including a link to these forums in a pamphlet are from a simplicity standpoint. Its pretty easy to remember wisconsincarry.org and if you go to Wisconsincarry.org you will find only a few navigation options, one of which takes you directly to the Wisconsin section here.

If you put http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/ on the pamphlet, thats a little harder to remember and type in, but we have no problem with it.

If you put opencarry.org on the pamphlet, you'll have to click on 'our forums' and then scroll way down that page to click on this Wisconsin section. Hopefully people would click through, and hopefully after doing so, they'll find a thread about Wisconsin Carry and come check out our website also.

It seems to me, that on a pamphlet dedicated to the right to carry in Wisconsin, we'd want to give recipients of that pamphlet the most direct link to our organization "Wisconsin Carry", rather then send them to a nationwide focused web-forum first and hope they click through and then happen to see a thread about Wisconsin Carry and find us.

When Mike and John promote their site, I wouldn't expect them to try to send people to Wisconsin Carry first and hope they click through to Opencarry.org.

Anyway... I think its quite a bit of to-do about nothing.

We work extremely closely with Mike and John. I plan to have dinner with Mike in a couple weeks in DC as a matter of fact. But doesn't it make more sense for people in Wisconsin who are members of Wisconsin Carry to try to drive as much interest directly to our organization?

I truly hope every person that clicks on wisconsincarry.org finds their way to this forum. But it makes no sense for me, as someone who has a fiduciary responsibility to our board and our members best interests, to not give prospective wisconsin gun-owners the most direct access to our organization.

but thanks to the wonders of modern computers, I can print up and hand out my own pamphlets that do include the link.

You are more than welcome to do so... We would ask that anyone who uses the Wisconsin Carry logo on any informational material would please provide us a sample of that material before they distribute it. I'm sure you can understand why we, as a non-profit incorporated in the state of Wisconsin, would want to make sure we approve anything containing our logo and anything that appears to be endorsed by Wisconsin Carry.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

WICarry would have like no members.Wicarry recruits about 98 % of it's members from this forum.

Not true

Not even close to true

Look, guys, this isn't about ego's or credit... At Wisconsin Carry, our mission is to advance the right to carry in Wisconsin.

Lets do what makes the most sense to achieve that goal. Not sit and argue over who gets credit, who deserves what.

Each and every one of us should be doing what we believe is best for the right to carry in Wisconsin. Neither I, nor any member of the Wisconsin Carry board would ask ANYTHING other of you than that.

Just please understand that as a legal entity, Wisconsin Carry needs to maintain control over the use our logo and our organization in those efforts. Whatever people choose to do to advance rights in Wisconsin that doesn't use our name, logo, or reputation is up to them.

Carry On