• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin Carry Pamplet

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman wrote:
I still think that the link for opencarry.org, the organization that has done so much for OC in Wisconsin, should be on the pamphlet

Wisconsin Carry wouldn't exist without the urging and prodding of the founders of OCDO (Mike and John)....

but thanks to the wonders of modern computers, I can print up and hand out my own pamphlets that do include the link.

You are more than welcome to do so... We would ask that anyone who uses the Wisconsin Carry logo on any informational material would please provide us a sample of that material before they distribute it....
I hadn't planned on using either your logo or your mission statement.

Dave

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

BROKENSPROKET wrote:
Spartacus wrote:
Of all the pamphlets I have seen, this one is the clearest and most informative.
Thanks, but most of the credit must go to Logan. He started it from scracth and did awesome. All I am doing is tweeking the message to fit the current agenga of WCI.
I took bnhcomputing's brochure and made it look prettier :p

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
davegran wrote:
You asked for suggestions and I gave you mine. I still think that the link for opencarry.org, the organization that has done so much for OC in Wisconsin, should be on the pamphlet; but thanks to the wonders of modern computers, I can print up and hand out my own pamphlets that do include the link. :)

Dave
Dave i guess I agree with you for once, with out OCDO- WICarry would have like no members.Wicarry recruits about 98 % of it's members from this forum.

Dave - I did consider your suggestion. My intention is to create a Wisconsin Carry Inc. pamphlet. There is a link to OCDO on the WCI homepage. That is how I get here. To support WCI I have saved it to my favorites, in two mouse clicks, I am here and WCI and OCDO got a hit.

Glock34 - What you say is mostly true. Without OCDO, there would be no WCI. I would only disagree with the percentage. In the beginning itmay betrue but more and more members are joining at membership drive locations. Face to Face.

Parabellum

Founder's Club Member
imported post

logan wrote:
BROKENSPROKET wrote:
Spartacus wrote:
Of all the pamphlets I have seen, this one is the clearest and most informative.
Thanks, but most of the credit must go to Logan. He started it from scracth and did awesome. All I am doing is tweeking the message to fit the current agenga of WCI.
bnhcomputing took my brochure and made it look prettier:p

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Parabellum wrote:
logan wrote:
BROKENSPROKET wrote:
Spartacus wrote:
+1

Yep, I admit it, I stole it! I had 5,000 professionally printed before the La Crosse County OC picnic last year. Down to about 300 left.

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
Parabellum wrote:
logan wrote:
BROKENSPROKET wrote:
Spartacus wrote:
+1

Yep, I admit it, I stole it! I had 5,000 professionally printed before the La Crosse County OC picnic last year. Down to about 300 left.
Don't have any more of those printed. You have been out done. :p

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Parabellum wrote:
logan wrote:
BROKENSPROKET wrote:
Spartacus wrote:
lol :D

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

I am currently waiting on copyright permission for the photos that I used. When I have that, I will post it and I do have a printing company waiting to run a couple of thousand.

Thank you for you patience.

range rat

imported post

Brokensproket:

Outstanding on the Pamphlet, but, I do agree with lammie on the gun free zone picture. Can you try this on for size?

If you can reduce the size of the gun-free school zone picture, say by twenty percent, move or take out thomas jefferson, then move the verbage under it, But still keep it all on the front page, I think you may have something there..

range rat

imported post

Brokensproket:

The Pamphlet looks really Good!! I've printed both front an back, can you please post when they will be ready, I'll dip into my egg money, to buy some.:celebrate

I sure could have used a few of these today, I did my First solo open carry today at Woodmans Food Store in Oak Creek. Nervous as all getout, but I work though it.I did first called an talk to the manager, who then talk to his Corp, V.P. [MR.Clinit ] who had no problem with it.

I did get a few looks,an smile from a nam vet, but all in all it felt right..

I did get a chuckle as i was pulling out of the parking lot,an trying to go north on to howell av, a Oak Creek police officer was pulling in an I smiled an nooded he return it,an we went our own ways.. I'll never know if he was here for me, or the doughtnuts...

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Great job on your first OC!

Did you use a shopping cart as a security blanket? (Thats how I avoided nervousness the first few times)

I would strongly recommend against calling and asking permission from managers.

You are putting the store manager in a difficult position.

Luckily Clint Woodman has already established a pro-carry policy, but if you call stores ahead, you give a manager cause to 'play it safe' and tell you no and post a sign.

Far better to just carry. If you are asked to leave... leave... But by calling ahead you could possibly ruin it for other OC'ers who patronize that store by alarming a manager into putting up a sign.

Put yourself in the managers shoes... If you call to ask permission, and he says yes, then if ANYTHING were to happen, he's on the hook having given you permission. (now of course we know nothing would happen but a manager doesn't necessarily)

Far better to just carry, not put a manager who has no exposure to OC on the hook.

Just carry, be a good ambassador, smile, be polite... Give people a chance to experience OC first hand.

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

Belowis the copy I am taking to the printers.

If anybody wants any, I will let them go for $10 per 100.

I don't consider this as selling, because at $10 per 100, I am taking a small loss. The best rate that I could find is about 14 cents a copy

In the last couple of weeks I have printed off about 300 using about $150 in ink cartridges. That is why I am taking an order to the printers.

PM me and I will reply with my address to send $$. I will have them mailed out the same day. I receive mail by 1:00 pm and I go past the post office around 3:30 pm on my way to work.

Carry On & Carry Always!