• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban OLD NEWS

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Zombie news ... I read the headline and OP and was like, :shock: again with this? We just did this last year and Obama and the dem congressional leadership backpedaled as fast as they could. Glad I'm not the only who remembered or noticed the dates on the links ...

suntzu

imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
"I think that will have a positive impact in Mexico, at a minimum." -- Holder.

I couldn't care less about what happens in that sorry, corrupt, hates-Americans-but-loves-their-moneyMexico!

Why should American citizens (to hell with the illegals here)have THEIR rights infringed upon because some naiveliberal fool like Holder believes it will "have a positive impact in Mexico?"

Don't youjusthate it when you don't have any real Americans running this country?

Just look at his picture...that long-distant ignorant vacant-in-the-head stare so common among liberals...no real purpose in life for him and his ilk except to mess up things for everyone else.Traitors all of them.

-- John D.
I personally don't care whether it would be a "positive" impact on Mexico or not--I really don't. I would like to see a bill where we can strip Anti-United States politicians of their citizenship and then ship them off to Mexico if that is what they are worried about....

old dog

imported post

Will someone please explain why anyone would believe that international cartels with enormous wealth would rely on smuggled guns from the U.S.

Transnational arms dealers would be eager to cash in and I don't believe American gunshops routinely deal in RPGs and truckloads of submachine guns.

Remember when our friends in China were caught smuggling real AKs into Los Angeles? They would likely be more than happy to help our enemies in Mexico.

If memory serves, only about 20% of Mexico's seized guns were submitted for tracing and only about 20% of those were linked to Americans. Do the math.

P229Sig357DAK

imported post

yankees98a wrote:
The Obama administration will seek to reinstate the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004 during the Bush administration, Attorney General Eric Holder said today.
abc_assault_holder_090225_mn.jpg
Wednesday Attorney General Eric Holder said that the Obama administration will seek to reinstitute the assault weapons ban which expired in 2004 during the Bush administration. (AP Photos/ABC News Graphic ) "As President Obama indicated during the campaign, there are just a few gun-related changes that we would like to make, and among them would be to reinstitute the ban on the sale of assault weapons," Holder told reporters.
Holder said that putting the ban back in place would not only be a positive move by the United States, it would help cut down on the flow of guns going across the border into Mexico, which is struggling with heavy violence among drug cartels along the border.
"I think that will have a positive impact in Mexico, at a minimum." Holder said at a news conference on the arrest of more than 700 people in a drug enforcement crackdown on Mexican drug cartels operating in the U.S.

I know this would be a radical departure from current policy:uhoh:but....

The landscape would change dramatically in the confrontation between the legitimate government of Mexico and the cartells if a third contingent was added to the equation...legally armed law abiding citizens that had the right to defend themselves and their fellow countrymen!

:banghead::cuss: