Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Northern Virginia Utah Class - Sat., March 27th

Post imported post

When: Sat., March 27 ** There are still seats available ** sign up now.

Cost: $85

Included with course: Fingerprinting & application form

Length of course: 4 hours (approx.)

Payment: GunPal ONLY.

Go to http://www.utahconcealedcarryclass.com

Class taught by: Dave Vann

Post imported post

Welcome to OCDO.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Vanns40 wrote:
    When: Sat., March 27th

Cost: $85

Included with course: Fingerprinting & application form

Length of course: 4 hours (approx.)

Payment: GunPal ONLY.

Go to http://www.utahconcealedcarryclass.com

Class taught by: Dave Vann

Welcome to OCDO Dave!
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

I love it when someone schedules a Utah permit class on the same day as ours, and for the same price as ours, 90 minutes away from ours....

makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside....
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    I love it when someone schedules a Utah permit class on the same day as ours, and for the same price as ours, 90 minutes away from ours....

According to Mapquest.com it's 113 miles and 2 hours... If you can do that in 90 minutes in I95 traffic, maybe you should call a few NASCAR teams :what:
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

Post imported post

roscoe13 wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:

According to Mapquest.com it's 113 miles and 2 hours... If you can do that in 90 minutes in I95 traffic, maybe you should call a few NASCAR teams :what:
    haha. no one uses mapquest anymore. They are never accurate. Google maps calls it 1 hour and 43 minutes. I've done that trip in 90 minutes several times while following the speed limit.

James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

So I was looking at the Utah & VA reciprocity maps and there is some difference but not a ton. What is the best benefit of getting a Utah permit?

Im interested, just curious...

Post imported post

jmb_nova wrote:
    So I was looking at the Utah & VA reciprocity maps and there is some difference but not a ton. What is the best benefit of getting a Utah permit?

Another 20 or so states to carry in
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    haha. no one uses mapquest anymore. They are never accurate. Google maps calls it 1 hour and 43 minutes. I've done that trip in 90 minutes several times while following the speed limit.
    According to Google maps, from 9702 Gayton Rd 23238 (the address on your website) to 1587 Spring Hill Rd. 22182, the address of the Comfort Inn Tyson's Corner, is 113 miles, two hours 5 minutes.... http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...e=UTF8&z=9

To travel 113 miles in 90 minutes requires an AVERAGE speed of 75.3 miles per hour, somewhat higher than the speed limit at any point along the trip...
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

Post imported post

roscoe13 wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    According to Google maps, from 9702 Gayton Rd 23238 (the address on your website) to 1587 Spring Hill Rd. 22182, the address of the Comfort Inn Tyson's Corner, is 113 miles, two hours 5 minutes.... http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...e=UTF8&z=9

To travel 113 miles in 90 minutes requires an AVERAGE speed of 75.3 miles per hour, somewhat higher than the speed limit at any point along the trip...
    That would be great, but the Gayton Road address is our mailing address, not whereour classes are held.

From our class location to the Comfort Inn location is 93.8 miles.
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

vanns - I just had a call from an older gentleman looking for a Utah class in Nova. I directed him to your site. I guess the drive to Richmond was a bit out of his comfort zone.
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

jmb_nova wrote:

My personal reason is that Utah keeps their permit records confidential. With today's developments, it appears all but certain that our effort to do that in Virginia is delayed for at least another year.

I can't tolerate the fact that anyone can go down to the court clerk's office and obtain a list which would include my name and address, with the knowledge that there are likely to be firearms in my home to be stolen. It's not an everyday occurrence, but there have been cases of home invasions and home break-in/ambushes for the purpose of stealing guns.

Why the anti's can't see that it's a dumb idea to let the criminals know where to go to steal guns is quite beyond my reasoning ability.

TFred

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    vanns - I just had a call from an older gentleman looking for a Utah class in Nova. I directed him to your site. I guess the drive to Richmond was a bit out of his comfort zone.
    The drive from NoVa down I-95 is a bit out of anyone's comfort zone!

TFred

Post imported post

Hey, I love it when I give someone a warm, fuzzy feeling. Come on up and I'll treat to a cup of coffee at Starbucks! We can even go out for dinner.

Post imported post

TFred wrote:
    jmb_nova wrote:

My personal reason is that Utah keeps their permit records confidential. With today's developments, it appears all but certain that our effort to do that in Virginia is delayed for at least another year.

I can't tolerate the fact that anyone can go down to the court clerk's office and obtain a list which would include my name and address, with the knowledge that there are likely to be firearms in my home to be stolen. It's not an everyday occurrence, but there have been cases of home invasions and home break-in/ambushes for the purpose of stealing guns.

Why the anti's can't see that it's a dumb idea to let the criminals know where to go to steal guns is quite beyond my reasoning ability.

TFred
    We've been trying to get that changed for years. The threat of kicking politicos out of office doesn't seem to be working so I guess we have to follow up on it with some real action. Keeping one's privacy is the best reason I know of to have a Utah permit.

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    Thanks, appreciate it. I'm trying to keep the price real and still make a profit. There are so few Utah instructors in Texas, the going rate is $190 per student.

Post imported post

Vanns40 wrote:
    Hey, I love it when I give someone a warm, fuzzy feeling. Come on up and I'll treat to a cup of coffee at Starbucks! We can even go out for dinner.
    Wish I could! I'll be teaching that day myself.
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

Vanns40 wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    Thanks, appreciate it. I'm trying to keep the price real and still make a profit. There are so few Utah instructors in Texas, the going rate is $190 per student.
    That's what I was alluding to in my first post. Many folks tell me that they would like to take the class in NOVA but some places charge $125+ and that is hard to swallow for some people. I'm glad to see that yours is priced the same as ours. Now I have a comparable resource to send folks to.
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

TFred wrote:
    jmb_nova wrote:

TFred
    my personal reason for NOT getting a Utah permit is that I don't want to be fingerprinted like a criminal before getting something that allows me to exercise what is supposed to be a right.

My county in VA does not do fingerprinting.

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    TFred wrote:
    jmb_nova wrote:

TFred
    my personal reason for NOT getting a Utah permit is that I don't want to be fingerprinted like a criminal before getting something that allows me to exercise what is supposed to be a right.

Ah, I can understand that. I've already been printed several times for work, so I didn't give up anything to get printed again for the Utah permit.

TFred

Post imported post

TFred wrote:
    nova wrote:
    TFred wrote:
    jmb_nova wrote:

TFred

Ah, I can understand that. I've already been printed several times for work, so I didn't give up anything to get printed again for the Utah permit.

TFred
    I agree 100%

Post imported post

so um.. i'm interested in the class ad all... but wtf is "gunpal"??? which is the only accepted form of payment?

Post imported post

PeteXD wrote:
    so um.. i'm interested in the class ad all... but wtf is "gunpal"??? which is the only accepted form of payment?
    gunpal.com is the gun friendly (non paypal) online payment service
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    PeteXD wrote:
    gunpal.com is the gun friendly (non paypal) online payment service
    Exactly. Every time you use Paypal it's like giving money to the Brady Organization. If you know any pro-gun organizations that use Paypal you should urge them to STOP immediately and switch to Gunpal.

Post imported post

Interesting! I'll look it up online.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast